• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hit reverse button doing 80kmh

S
Jan 12, 2013
Hey everyone i was for a ride today on my renegade and i accidently hit the reverse button while i was doin 80k .....now every time i wanna switch to reverse the motor just shuts off and doesnt fire back up like it used to .....aby suggestions on where i can start to look for a fix?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Probably just a coincidence. Make sure the belt is t too tight, that will do the same thing.
Reverse should not work much above engagement RPM....i dont recall the exact RPM.

S
Jan 12, 2013
When i hit the button the sled just died while i was doin 80 and when it stopped moving the speedo still said 80 and the rpm guage was at 7000 still

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
I have an 04 summit 800 and when the speedo and rpm guage stuck on me it turned out to be bad (hope its not in your situation) But my intake boot ripped and sucked a lot of really cold air in and cracked the jug (rebuilt the whole top end) the bump you may have hit couldve seperated your intake boot. Might want to check that as well. Hope its just something simple! Good luck

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
RER pick-up coil behind flywheel may have been damaged. When my recoil went it took out both pickup coils. No reverse and it ran like crap.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I have an 04 summit 800 and when the speedo and rpm guage stuck on me it turned out to be bad (hope its not in your situation) But my intake boot ripped and sucked a lot of really cold air in and cracked the jug (rebuilt the whole top end) the bump you may have hit couldve seperated your intake boot. Might want to check that as well. Hope its just something simple! Good luck

Wow... never heard of really cold air cracking a jug like that.
Sure it was just from the intake boot? Sounds like there was possibly a hairline crack there an that may have finished it off.
Either way that sucked.

As for the OP, did you check all your fuses already?
I also would check the pick up coils an see if they could be messed up.

Premium Features