• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hid/ xenon lights and snowhawk

Hello hawkers. I like to put hid/xenon lights to my 04 600 H.O. snowhawk, but what type bulbs hawk use? Have anyone else make that light update to hawk? I know it need battery and regulator if put xenon bulbs..that isn`t proplem.
Sorry my english is not so good, because i am finish guy.

Yes you can do it by retrofitting your housing to accept h4 bulbs. adding a battery and also a rectifier.There is nothing that will plug directly into your stock housing.. You may even find decent Dc power on the machine,however this power will not be running to the headlights. If you find that just add a battery and switch.(provided you have 70 watts available)2X35. Your stock headlights are Ac. if you intend to use the ac side the rectifier will be required.
I converted my Hawk over to LED headlights as there is no battery required. Only a rectifier to convert the stock AC to Dc.
I always run the Solstice HID helmet light so I really dont need headlights, but like to have them for daylight riding..

Yes you can do it by retrofitting your housing to accept h4 bulbs. adding a battery and also a rectifier.There is nothing that will plug directly into your stock housing.. You may even find decent Dc power on the machine,however this power will not be running to the headlights. If you find that just add a battery and switch.(provided you have 70 watts available)2X35. Your stock headlights are Ac. if you intend to use the ac side the rectifier will be required.
I converted my Hawk over to LED headlights as there is no battery required. Only a rectifier to convert the stock AC to Dc.
I always run the Solstice HID helmet light so I really dont need headlights, but like to have them for daylight riding..

Ok, thanks to answer..so H4 xenon set is easiest make fit in hawk stock housing.. How about that LED headlight convert, what kind of led bulbs you use? Or are you replace the whole housing to something LED type? And how powerfull is LED convert vs. ex. H4 xenon set? Maybe you have some pictures your LED convert headlight? I think hawk stock headlight is so poor i have to make it better somehow soon :)

Ok, thanks to answer..so H4 xenon set is easiest make fit in hawk stock housing.. How about that LED headlight convert, what kind of led bulbs you use? Or are you replace the whole housing to something LED type? And how powerful is LED convert vs. ex. H4 xenon set? Maybe you have some pictures your LED convert headlight? I think hawk stock headlight is so poor i have to make it better somehow soon :)

I think the H4s are the easiest to make work. you could also consider some aux lights.
I used our NXG leds and mounted them behind the stock lexan cover. There was considerable cutting away of the stock reflector to make them fit there.
Comparing the h4 hids in the stock junk cans to the leds that are designed for forward light is tough. Although the h4 hids should shine out farther in theory the reflector is poor and likely to scatter the HID beams very bad.
Why not try some h4 halogens?They are cheap and will give you far better light than the stock bulb. If you really want to ride at night, the helmet lights are where its at..
I find that 2 NXG leds are good up till about 50 mph.. they are better than the lights on my car.

Yeah, maybe i try basic H4 bulbs first. I live in above the arctic circle and here is very short day in wintertime. In darkest time we have about 4-5 hour good daylight after and before that time need good headlight :) Helmet light is one option but i dont like wires or battery in my backpack.

Yeah, maybe i try basic H4 bulbs first. I live in above the arctic circle and here is very short day in wintertime. In darkest time we have about 4-5 hour good daylight after and before that time need good headlight :) Helmet light is one option but i dont like wires or battery in my backpack.

Good idea.. once you try a good helmet light, I guarantee that you will never ride at night again without one.. a battery is a very small inconvenience a cord a bit more, but still far better than ANY headlight.. See where you look!!

Premium Features

Back