• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help just bought bikeman stage one bolton kit neet help with map

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
So I have the stage 1 kit full exhaust reeds. Fuel and timing pc5. Clutching and air temp relocation kit. I have map from bikeman. Thats not the issue my issue is my ecu isn't stock. I have a race dept. Flashed 2014 hill climb ecu. So idk what the parameters are that I need to change more or less vs stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I think your best bet is going to be talking to Bikeman and see what they recommend. If I had to guess the race shop ECU is probably already running more advance on the timing and I would remove the timing advance out of the Bikeman map. No idea how much fuel has been trimmed or added and where in the hillclimb ECU. Worst case you end up having to tune and tweak the map yourself checking EGTS, AFR, and piston wash. Or sell your flashed ECU and get ahold of another stocker if you're not comfortable with the tuning.

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
I think your best bet is going to be talking to Bikeman and see what they recommend. If I had to guess the race shop ECU is probably already running more advance on the timing and I would remove the timing advance out of the Bikeman map. No idea how much fuel has been trimmed or added and where in the hillclimb ECU. Worst case you end up having to tune and tweak the map yourself checking EGTS, AFR, and piston wash. Or sell your flashed ECU and get ahold of another stocker if you're not comfortable with the tuning.
Yeah i have egt on the sled and was gonna use them for tuning i just want some information so I don't grenade it first time out. Maybe I will have to call them.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
If you're nervous about tuning, I would start with some 100 octane in the tank for a safety measure until you get it close.

Premium Features