• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello from new member

I
Sep 26, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
I've been lurking for a while, tried to sign up under my usual screen name (Dr. Matt) and never could get it to work. Finally couldn't take it any longer and signed up with a different name. Some of you may know me from AKMS and AKRWP. It's good to be on here since I know I'm among other nuts who are excited that winter is coming. :face-icon-small-hap

I just bought a new sled today (white 2010 D8 155) so now really can't wait for winter.:D

Reactions: LiveAlaska
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I've been lurking for a while, tried to sign up under my usual screen name (Dr. Matt) and never could get it to work. Finally couldn't take it any longer and signed up with a different name. Some of you may know me from AKMS and AKRWP. It's good to be on here since I know I'm among other nuts who are excited that winter is coming. :face-icon-small-hap

I just bought a new sled today (white 2010 D8 155) so now really can't wait for winter.:D

Welcome Doc, you may know me as Attention 2 Detail over at AKMS. Love your lightning, watched you make some impressive passes this year for your mods.

Congrats on the purchase, that's a nice sled. Let me know if there is anything in particular you might be looking for when it comes to your new toy, I take care of the SVT guys ;)

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Welcome! Congrats on the new sled. Is this your first sled or are you returning to the sport? Lots of good advice and tons of ideas for spending more than you planned for accesories and upgrades.

I
Sep 26, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
Not new or returning, just upgrading to a newer RMK. Been waiting for Poo to make something I wanted to ride more than my 2000 700 RMK. After riding the Edge chassis I almost upgraded, then again after the 900 came out I almost bought new again but waited to see how they held up. My old sled still runs like a champ after thousands of miles so keeping it but now I can hardly wait to get out and ride on the new sled. Fairly confident that Polaris has the motor/programming issues worked out and love the ride of the current Dragon so after 10 years finally went for it. Ordered a lot of upgrades with the sled but going to leave the powerplant stock for the first year to break it in. Nothing I own seems to stay stock for long though. :)

Last edited:
A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Welcome to SW 4Ms

Welcome & congrats on the new sled. It rides and handles awesome and will pretty much go anywhere you want it to and probably a few places you shouldn't. But then again it would take all of the fun out of if you don't push it a little.

akrevrider

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
Great signature! "Old guy with a few toys, an old wife, & and obnoxious teenage son." I fill the bill as well!
In fact I think I live about 5 houses below you! Will have to hook up some time!

Premium Features