• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helix angle questions

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
09 m1000 ovs turbo 9lbs and 4 post clutch and a cutler torqional with a 38-42. So I had the chance to get out in some heavy mashed potato snow and my helix 38-42 seemed really slow on the top end.. Secondary was in the 170 degree heat range.. primary was 130 degrees.. Would a push/compressional style helix with a 36-46 helix make the sled faster on the top end? Does the push/compressional style set ups require less or more weight in the primary thas the torqional sets? Do the mds weights make the difference a few are posting about?

Thanks

Last edited:
What is the "push style" helix. I have a Push turbo kit, but it didn't come with clutching. I have MM clutching. Did Ken come out with his own clutching?

No, there are 2 types of secondary clutch set ups, torqional and compression.. I was referring to push being a compression style.. sorry.

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry, never heard a compression setup called "push style." I have a 36/50, because Kevin didn't have the straight rate helix he likes to run when he set me up. I was afraid it wouldn't work very good and I don't have a lot of time on it yet, but it seems to pull it just fine. I am running an '08 TM1000 at 5-8 lbs.

I researched and read a ton of posts before I posted.. I saw lots on set ups but not a whole lot on angle/ speed comparisons..

Premium Features

Back