• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated Grips

What Heated Grips do you run on your sled and where did you get them from? The stock one's I have just don't cut it anymore and I have already replaced them twice. I need something that will keep my hands warm this winter. Any suggestions are welcome.

Jen-

I stock the RSI high power grips heaters and they are SERIOUS. They are at full heat in about 1 minute or less and I can't ride with them on hot. Come by the shop and I'll let you feel them on my sled.

Drew, Caleb, some other guys are running them, I'm sure they'll chime in also.

You may also try gauntles... I use them when it's "cold", and love them! Not only old guys with cabins in wood, 15 year old clunkers and fur hat use them, hahaha.... It takes a little to get used to them but they WORK.
D.

Constant struggle..... (must be due to breaking/bending bars)

Anyhow, RSI were definitely hot (Wade is a pretty cool dude too), but honestly cant tell much difference with the SPI that are cheaper.

So I would say get RSI unless you plan on replacing at least once this season then get cheaps.

**Also, I put that expanding foam crap ($5 home depot) insulation in the bars. Helps, but plug ends good while it cures.

Jen-

I stock the RSI high power grips heaters and they are SERIOUS. They are at full heat in about 1 minute or less and I can't ride with them on hot. Come by the shop and I'll let you feel them on my sled.

Drew, Caleb, some other guys are running them, I'm sure they'll chime in also.

About how much$ for a pair of them bad boys?

$35 is what they go for. I can ship for cheap also Doug so you wouldn't need to be in Anchorage.

RSI makes a really good product and the heaters work way better than stock. I also put on the 90 degree hooks and full length grips which really help to keep your hands from slipping off the ends. :beer;

Corks, Insulation

x2 on the corks or something like it.

I stuff rubber or some dense foam insulation into the bar ends, then I use about three or four wraps of electrical or any vinyl tape, between the heating element/handgrip, and the bar. This is a must for aluminum bars, and sure helps with steel bars.

Doesn't the glue on the tape get soft and slimmy letting the grips get loose when heaters are on. What glues does everybody use for sled heated grips. The stuff I use on my kids motocross bikes works good on sleds until turned on then they get loose, will harden back up when turned off but not doing my cold hands any good that way. Not to mention hard to hold on with the grip in your hand as your falling off.
Thanks

Doesn't the glue on the tape get soft and slimmy letting the grips get loose when heaters are on. What glues does everybody use for sled heated grips. The stuff I use on my kids motocross bikes works good on sleds until turned on then they get loose, will harden back up when turned off but not doing my cold hands any good that way. Not to mention hard to hold on with the grip in your hand as your falling off.
Thanks

I have always used super glue or grip glue.

When you use the cork the grips fit on there so tight they are usually not going anywhere.. compressed air is the only way to get them on there

I did the RSI H/O heaters with ODI grips. I also safety wired them with small stainless wire left over from the moto-x days. The RSI heaters got so hot on Hi that they got the safety wires too hot and they melted slits in the grips. Those puppies really work. EW

The RSI's that Chad has at A2D are the bomb. He fired up his sled on the shop so I could check them out. They flat out RIP.

I'm putting them on mine for sure.

X2

On a side note I run the carbon-wrapped RSI bars and they hold the heat VERY well.
I can't wait to try out the carbon-wrapped bars and high power heaters. Hoping to keep my hands nice and toasty :beer;

and FWIW, I always use just plain old Krylon black spray paint and safety wire to mount my own traditional grips. This time though, I'm having Chad install the Grip Wraps from RSI while my sleds in his shop.

Last edited:
Last season I shot some insulation foam into my bars before putting on another set of the stock heated grips and that didn't do anything for me.

What is doo cork?

The RSI grips run $35 for the set or a piece? Let me know what you have Chad as it sounds like this is going to be my best bet.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

$35 for a set Jen, and I promise, if you cork the bars and do these risers you will have toasty hot hands this season.

Premium Features

Back