• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers pass palmer side

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Can someone post the link to how we can find out if it's open. It looks like they might be getting some snow

I live right by Hatchers and I can tell you that we need one hell'va dump to get that place opened. I am guessing they need at least two to two and a half feet more snow..

Speaking of which WTF is up with the weather.. no snow this year and the lower 48 is getting hammered.. That BLOWS!!!!! :mad:

A
Dec 11, 2007
My guess is the park is SUPPOSED to open once 29" of base is present. However, the new rangers will keep it closed as long as possible. This has been the track record over the last 2 years.....Along with the lack of snow.

I think they are trying to break us in for the eventual closing of the palmer side for motorized access, since the non-motorized users are the only people in the whole state who pay taxes, parking fees, donate money, or help provide funds for grooming.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Glad to see our snowmobile registration fees are still being used to pay for groomers to groom the trails our fees paid for..... even though we can't use them.

SNOWMOBILER’S: All of the East Hatcher Pass Management Area and Summit Lake State Recreation Site are closed to snowmobiling due to insufficient snow cover. These areas will remain closed until there is adequate snow cover with a firm base to protect the underlying vegetation.

The Independence Mine cross country ski trails and Archangel Road are scheduled to be groomed for this coming holiday weekend.

SLEDDERS, SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS: Please stay clear of all roadways.
Sledding or skiing in roadways is unsafe and unlawful.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Looks like Hatchers is getting snow:D yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn i'd get more informative, but a wouldn't want to cause a drift:rolleyes:

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Looks like Hatchers is getting snow:D yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn i'd get more informative, but a wouldn't want to cause a drift:rolleyes:

bwahahahahahahaha

We got about 4-5" at the base of baldy.. reel fluffy stuff... Looked like the mountain was getting some pretty good snow in the early afternoon.. Still not enough to open I'm sure..

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
YOUD BETTER KEEP DANCING DOUG!!! Loks like the snowtel up there is reporting only 21" ....... we need a good 24 more!!

Ryan, I have worn out two pair of mukluks so far...

Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine

I have no freaking idea why the lyrics of that stupid song popped into my head.. :confused: I need more sunlight...:o

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Heres the currnet link to the parks snow and trail reports.

http://http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/curevnts.htm

As you can see Hatchers Pass hasnt been updated since the 14th....which is typical. I do know the current snow pack is about 30 inches they need about 6-8 more before they open it. Even then from the winds we got it might not be too bad down in the valley but up high will be sketchy still. Especially as scketchy as Bauldy is currently.

Premium Features