• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has judge malloys ruling on grizzly bears affected snowmobiling in the flathead area?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I am not that up to date on judge malloys rulling on grizzly bears in the flathead area of montana. I thought i heard something about a march 15 cutoff for some sled areas.

Is this true, or how has this ruling affected snowmobliles in that part of montana?

thanks
tim

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I am not that up to date on judge malloys rulling on grizzly bears in the flathead area of montana. I thought i heard something about a march 15 cutoff for some sled areas.

Is this true, or how has this ruling affected snowmobliles in that part of montana?

thanks
tim

Yes, his ruling did affect Flathead National Forest riders. His ruling stopped spring snowmobiling after March 15th on all FNF land. However there was a recent ruling that struck down the March 15th ban (for now) based on evidence that was not considered in Malloy's original ruling.

Premium Features