• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone payed, part 2

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
I still haven't.
Which actually surprises me because I usually spend the rent money on stupid stuff. Not that this place is stupid, and not that it's not, but for me money comes and money goes.
So what gives?

:face-icon-small-ton:camera::preggers::washing::pizza::panda:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Whats rediculous is that since the change the only I cant do that I did before was read past 50 posts, and thats the thing, people got all buttered about the site charging the members for their knowlege. But if it bothers you then dont pay, and post your "knowlege in the first 50. That way basic people get to see it and Snowest isnt charging anyone for your knowlege. Life goes on.

Reactions: EagleRiverDee
A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
if i could do it over ? ide saved the money all the reports / knowledge that i eagerly logged into everyday isnt here anymore

i used to have to check the AK forum daily or the unread posts would leak over to the second page , first time ive checked today in like 3-4 days and there 5 new posts and 1 new thread ? hardly worth the money imo

maybe different in the other locations forums but AK is dead from what i see

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I was gonna pay up but frankly, the Alaska section's gone dead...I think people were pretty quick to show their a** about paying up, however, I think the forum could have offered up much more for a "premium" membership. I dont think subscribers to the mag should of had to pay any additional fees to enjoy the product...I knew nobody was going to be a winner here:face-icon-small-dis

Reactions: shwee

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Well, if I hadn't already paid I certainly wouldn't do it now. The forums are really slow and there is far less local info on here than there used to be. Too bad, I really enjoyed this place. I guess we'll see where the next few months or years lead us.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Well, if I hadn't already paid I certainly wouldn't do it now. The forums are really slow and there is far less local info on here than there used to be. Too bad, I really enjoyed this place. I guess we'll see where the next few months or years lead us.
Yeah...roger that, this is a perfect example of "if it aint broke dont fix it".. a couple of years ago a couple of other sites made changes and people responded similarly. About six months later I was getting e-mails from the sites asking me to come back, but by then the damage was done.....snowest out to wise up pretty quick.

Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER
Premium Features