• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar height

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Looking to order a set of CFR bars with risers. I like the misfit style bar- more narrow, straighter.
What I’m wondering is on the Polaris, have any of you gone to a lower bar? I like tight technical tree riding, creeks, etc. I’m 6’0 tall.
Was thinking the misfit bars which are 1/2” rise with 2.5” FTP riser. But I’m debating going lower as that seems to be the movement.

I think the Polaris low bars are 5” rise I’m 6 foot and have gotten used to them but they are uncomfortable to me except when hill climbing or side hilling. I can’t imagine trying to ride with only a 3” rise but I’m sure people do it.

i had those bars on my son's sled and a 1.5" FTP riser for him. We put the smallest rise/width bars on the sled (he's small). at the end of last year I swapped to a 3.5" riser (4" total rise) so I could ride the sled. it felt fine to me. I'm 5'10-11"
I wouldn't want to go any lower. I am swapping that set-up to my new sled since my 3" riser and Turcotte 1" bars sold with my other sled.

I think the Polaris low bars are 5” rise I’m 6 foot and have gotten used to them but they are uncomfortable to me except when hill climbing or side hilling. I can’t imagine trying to ride with only a 3” rise but I’m sure people do it.
OEM lows are 4”

Yes. Burandt sells the Skinz 4" with handwarmers/grips already installed for plug and play.

Grips/warmers are the main reason I've never changed bars, but the skinz offering makes it far more compelling.

Wish polaris offered a wider range of options. This is one place that BRP wins easily with that easy-to-swap riser.

Bar height is based on the steepness of the terrain you ride in. The steeper you go, the shorter the height. If you're a meadow basher, get tall bars. If you like flirting with gravity, get short bars. If you do both, get something in-between. There is no right or wrong height.

I’m 5’10” and just bought that exact setup, misfit bars with a 2.5” FTP. Obviously I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet so I’m not sure if I will like it or not. My first impression after I installed was that I probably didn’t go low enough to notice a difference if that is any help to you. Still feels comfortable standing up and not hunched over too much.

getting opinions is great info to help decide but in the end is what makes you comfortable. Everybodys arm, body, leg lengths are different so keep that in mind, I'm 6ft 2" but my arms are 6ft4'' tip to tip. a buddy of mine is same height but his wingspan is 6ft. In the end you need to be standing straight up and not hunched over when riding, so what ever it takes to get that stance. It might cost a bit in parts figuring out your comfort but worth it in the end

I’m 5’10” and just bought that exact setup, misfit bars with a 2.5” FTP. Obviously I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet so I’m not sure if I will like it or not. My first impression after I installed was that I probably didn’t go low enough to notice a difference if that is any help to you. Still feels comfortable standing up and not hunched over too much.

I think that's a safe number. You'll notice a difference after a few rides. When you hop on a buddy's sled with stock height, it'll feel like ape hangers and you'll want your bars back.

Lower is better, generally. I also think a lot about the proper moto (attack) position and its carryover to sled. When standing neutral you'll notice many of the best riders with a bend at the waist and bent arms with elbows out. Seems to be something to strive toward especially when riding in the most technical moves.

Lower is better, generally. I also think a lot about the proper moto (attack) position and its carryover to sled. When standing neutral you'll notice many of the best riders with a bend at the waist and bent arms with elbows out. Seems to be something to strive toward especially when riding in the most technical moves.
That is the stance/fit I always try to aim for. I'm 6'2" with long legs and arm 6'2" span. I can't get away from tall bars unless it is an extremely short ride.

A lot of the bar height equation comes down to strength/flexibility and of course style. Fortunately we have options.

I'm 5'-7" and currently have a 2" riser block with 1" rise built into the bars for 3" total. Over the last few seasons I've gone back and forth indecisively between 2.5" and 3.5" total rise, so decided to go with 3" for this season. A couple years ago I jumped onto someone's Boost with the OEM low (5") bar and actually really liked the ease of laying that thing over (meadow and more gentle slopes) as compared to the low bar set-up I was running on my Axys at that time. However, when things get a bit steeper, and me being so short, I really struggle to get my weight out over the front of the machine with anything besides a very low set-up. For switchbacks and maneuvers in steeper terrain the low setup gives a lot more confidence I find. The low bars just really allow for what would be a good attack position if on a dirt bike. No way I can achieve that with factory bars and then add on the mountain strap on top. For people that are really tall and/or ride with a more upright/vertical body position, or ride flat terrain maybe taller bars would be better...

IMG_2803.jpg
IMG_2804.jpg

Premium Features

Back