• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Green Gate/McCall

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
Any information on Green Gate. I've heard it had been closed due to another short sighted bad land sales. To an apparently selfish, uninvolved tourist. I saw empty sled trailers in the parking lot Saturday afternoon. So....can we pass through this newly proclaimed hallowed ground.

When I went by this morning the lot is plowed and there is a sign that says snowmobile parking so I would think yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Gate Parking Lot

There has been a new route established to get to the road/trail on the back side of Brundage that takes you to the lookout. This particular intersection will be now called "R". You can take the old "R" intersection, which will become the new "S" intersection and go around the east side of Brundage to get to intersection "T" which is the top of what is called Copet Creek.
I am not sure if it has been groomed yet but has been marked quite well with snow poles.
Leaving the parking lot you don't go far and turn south until you cross a non-plowed road and follow the road to the southwest to an old gravel pit. From there, go north and follow the road until you see snow poles leaving the road. Follow poles until you hit another road and go north again until you see more poles that leave that road. That will jump you up to the new "R" intersection on FS Road 451.
Enjoy.

That's great to hear! I think that's the original Green Gate road, where the Green Gate actually is. Let's all be gracious and respectful it could be worse. Merry Christmas

Premium Features

Back