• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand lake riding areas

R
Jan 11, 2011
NM
I will be staying at Grandlake I think off of columbine lake the end of December wondering where all the riding is hoping to be able to ride out of my cabin and hit the trail with the family without having to trailer to a parking lot does anyone have any info on this area? Thanks

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Was there twice last year. I think you are right next to the trail. If it's the place I'm thinking of (next to Grand Lake Rentals) you can take a quick trail ride to many places to jump off trail. We ventured away from the trail all day and also stayed close to the trail "following" it while riding off trail some days. Lots of good terrain, some steep and tight trees, others a little more open. Our group had a blast and will be back. Hope you have fun as well.

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
Columbine Lake is a perfect area. You can reach the town trail from Co Road 49. Co Road 49 is the access road to Columbine Lake.

R
Jan 11, 2011
NM
Snow??

Well thanks for the info guys I'm a little concerned there will not be any snow in maybe I should just bring the side-by-side LOL really hoping for snow though. Does anyone know if you can trailer from columbine lake up higher to maybe hit some snow or if there is any snow currently

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Just left the Crested Butte area. Almost no snow currently and I didn't see much in the 15 day forecast either.... I guess I am somewhat lucky I haven't bought a sled yet. I might get away with just renting for a year.

P
Nov 26, 2007
There might be enough to not need to trailer up somewhere, but the off trail riding is going to be sketchy...as in likely to hit a rock/stump etc.

Grand Lake snow update:

We got about 6 inches of fresh snow in town last night, probably more up high, which is fitting for the first official day of Winter. Most town roads are snow packed and rideable, but I'm certain that the Town Trail that takes you to the trails is still closed, need more snow for that to open up.

R
Jan 11, 2011
NM
UPDATE PLEASE!!!!

It looks like it has been snowing and will continue to snow for another day or so anybody know what's going on around there at the town trail is going to be open I heard they might be grooming the other day LET IT SNOW!

Premium Features