• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got a slivver under nail...doctor missed a part (photo)

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
So had cedar shimm hit under my nail a couple weeks ago. Had to goto doctor to get it out. Needless to say he digs out a big piece and says...."I got it all" and lays the nail back down.

Then today I caught the nail on something and broke off the edge. You see the piece of wood he missed!!! HOLY crap I wonder if I get any warranty??? Big question is do I have the balls to pull it out??? ahhhhhhhhhh NO.

photobucket-19973-1346949020089.jpg

***update, Got that suckah out last night! (only took 6 Keystones!!) I still cant believe this was the 1/2 doc didnt see.

photobucket-1505-1347033189491.jpg

Last edited:

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Yes, the body will force the remaining piece out but, rather than wait for that, you will get much more satisfaction if you follow these steps.

1. Post Doctors name and contact info.

2. Tell everybody how unfair he has been to you.

3. Find the negative in everybody's comments thereafter.

4. Ignore all facts about the situation, use inflammatory remarks instead.

Your result will be a fully healed finger, your bill will be paid for you, you will also recieve $2000 for your pain and suffering.

Seriously, it will look great a year from now, Good Luck.

Reactions: richracer1
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Yes, the body will force the remaining piece out but, rather than wait for that, you will get much more satisfaction if you follow these steps.

1. Post Doctors name and contact info.

2. Tell everybody how unfair he has been to you.

3. Find the negative in everybody's comments thereafter.

4. Ignore all facts about the situation, use inflammatory remarks instead.

Your result will be a fully healed finger, your bill will be paid for you, you will also recieve $2000 for your pain and suffering.

Seriously, it will look great a year from now, Good Luck.

Honestly LOL!!!:face-icon-small-ton Gooder.

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
HOLY SHEEP S**T. How do you miss a piece that size? I was gonna say quite being a baby but now my finger hurts.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Man Up! I've exposed muscles and severed tendons and either drove myself to the hospital or grabbed the super glue and go back to work. I've found even stuff that should probably should have stitches can be held together and continue working with superglue and if you need more holding power super glue a little paper towel over the top and saturate with superglue it becomes cast like and you can continue working without worrying about ripping it open again and bleeding everywhere.

snow_god

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2011
southwest wisconsin
Holy **** Batman!! How does he miss something that size.

It might hurt to pull it out but that seems alot less painful then caughting it on something while waiting for it to work out its self.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hmmm...i think your better off going to a dentist to get that yanked out..

what we do is soak the finger in fuel till the wood is saturated then light her up and the wood burns out..

Reactions: mikew5945

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
If it starts to puss up there is something in there. You body will try and eject anything, usually by forming a big puss pocket and that moves to the surface until you squeeze it or scratch enough until it pops out with the foreign body. When the nail comes back be sure and coach it along so it doesn't grow under the skin. Such a simple thing that can turn into a giant pain in the azz(finger). Also, if it gets red and swollen with streaks running out of it go to the doctor. Might be a serious infection. Pretty rare but you could lose the finger or hand if it gets really infected.

Reactions: Trashy and Himark

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Gangrene. It's a fun disease. I'd go to another ER and get vaccinated to be on the safe side. Espececially with old, nasty cedar shakes.

Premium Features