• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good rail brace

Splitting the other post I had into 2. So was wondering are rail braces worth it or do you really have to bash them to get them to break. The 2019 I bought used had a brand new rail the previous owner wrecked his original I believe buy having clickers on softest and bottoming out constantly on the moguls I think. So is it worth it? If so who makes the best bw bmp, rogue concepts, tki, pind, cat?

I went through three rails before finally getting a KMod Skinny skid. I never used a rail brace but if I was going to stay stock I would use one. I believe TKI had their kit out the soonest if that matters.

Most of the rails I’ve seen broken were broken in front of where a rail brace would have made any difference so I dunno that they’re a necessity. That being said, I noticed the pin’d performance brace has the option of integrating a stop to essentially couple the rear suspension so that might be something worth trying.

Most of the rails I’ve seen broken were broken in front of where a rail brace would have made any difference so I dunno that they’re a necessity. That being said, I noticed the pin’d performance brace has the option of integrating a stop to essentially couple the rear suspension so that might be something worth trying.
What about that bmp front brace?

Checkout the Pin'd omega, hard to claim there is a better brace than that, most coverage, ties into the front casting and integrates the pivot mounts.

I went through three rails before finally getting a KMod Skinny skid. I never used a rail brace but if I was going to stay stock I would use one. I believe TKI had their kit out the soonest if that matters.
Checkout the Pin'd omega, hard to claim there is a better brace than that, most coverage, ties into the front casting and integrates the pivot mounts.
I think you might be right. I don’t know if you can beat the fact they take of that plate and go right against the rail. The other would still hold it in place though i guess. From looking for a day or two it looks like one of the beefiest to. Bmp ones looks good too. The rogue concepts looks cool not sure if the 2 separate plates with the cut outs is a good or bad thing though

Being in aviation and repairing airframes for many decades, I am all for a brace that doesn't require drilling holes in a brace we already perceive as perhaps weak. I would have to look over the current offerings again but, give me a brace that slips over the top of the rail and uses existing fastener holes and aerospace high tech sealant/glue to fasten in place. The last thing I want to do is drill holes in the rail because from my experience, theses holes introduce stress risers and are almost always where new cracks propagate.

Being in aviation and repairing airframes for many decades, I am all for a brace that doesn't require drilling holes in a brace we already perceive as perhaps weak. I would have to look over the current offerings again but, give me a brace that slips over the top of the rail and uses existing fastener holes and aerospace high tech sealant/glue to fasten in place. The last thing I want to do is drill holes in the rail because from my experience, theses holes introduce stress risers and are almost always where new cracks propagate.
I mean you cant tell me that that a 1/8 inch thick piece of steel is stronger then 1/4 inch. Thats mostly what im going off of. I just bought one from pind that i know jason mcmurray bashed the piss out of for a season and still holding strong. I have yet to hear of a rail brace wrecking someones rail. But have hard from alot of rails going with out a rail brace

Premium Features

Back