• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good News for Montana

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Montana 2010 wolf hunt quota to increase drastically
May 16th, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt -
Helena, May 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Officials of The Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission of Montana have voted to accept a recommendation to increase the number of wolves that can be hunted in the 2010 hunting season. This increase, would almost triple the number of last year’s hunted wolves, which was just 75. However the exact number would be announced later, but it could be as high as 150 or even 216.

The move would greatly reduce the total number of wolves, which currently are at eighty percent to just about twenty percent. However the chairman of the Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission said the population of the wolves should be reduced, because the population of the wolves has grown to a very high level.

The Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission also approved the recommendation that would introduce an archery season in wolf hunting. Montana only has the rifle season and officials believe that the archery season will help enhance the wolf quota. However Bob Ream, the chairman of the Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission said that the major concern now was how the initiative would be undertaken and how fast they can achieve the targets.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I would hope it would be just like an deer or elk tag, buy the nores and go hunt. Just my thought. We can't even begin to think about hunting them in OR, yet. So going to ID, MT, or WY, is the only opp. that I have.

Premium Features