• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good cummins diesel mechanic? / seattle / eastside

L
dyno mite diesel in monroe. they are a little spendy of course, but very reasonable when you price them out. i worked with a guy from out of the area who didnt think they were that cheap till he priced out other shops. they were the cheapest of who he priced out, and i think they do great work. i've spent a bit of money there and will keep going back. good people to deal with. 360 794-7974

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
first, don't listen to skidooer1...fass is an electric pump...it WILL fail at some point (maybe 3000 miles, maybe 30,000). read the boards of recent...brushes sticking, pumps failing about every 30k...some more often.

second, DDP (the guys logjammin said) is the place to go up there. They do make extrude injectors, but their other work is good. ;) (that's a joke for anyone who gets it)

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
let me guess josh your a fan of the walbro?which is another gerotor style pump like the fass, but the fass also seperates air from fuel, has easy to change filters,a 500,000 mile life expectancy(13,000-15,000 hrs)and a 6 year warranty.what kind of warranty comes with the walbro....and they have been on the market for 2 years or so...really tested and trued.lol..

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
sorry, forgot about the post. No, NOT a fan of the walbrow...not a fan of ANY electric pump.

RASP or other mechanically driven is by far my first choice. Any mechanical pump is what I have ran and will in the future run again. Sure, a belt may break (mine didn't in 57k miles), but that won't leave you stranded (what? you don't carry an extra $15 belt? You deserve to be stuck on the side of the road). I had my RASP run anything from 8 psi to 35 psi (just shimming the bypass valve)...and it always INCREASED pressure as rpm went up...that was always nice. :)

I lost my stock VP44 at ~135k miles after 5 stock liftpumps and finally going to the RASP at ~80k miles.

oh, and I don't worry about this stuff anymore...6.7L/68RFE BONE STOCK! :D Drive it and don't worry about it.

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
i didn't know ddp sold the rasp....it would be an ok one but still has a few issues,one being the belt,two being that it doesnt start moving fuel till the engine cranks...definetly would be my second choice.cummins also offer a new pump for the 98.5-2002 vp trucks.too early to tell wether or not it holds up.

"oh, and I don't worry about this stuff anymore...6.7L/68RFE BONE STOCK! :D Drive it and don't worry about it. "

i dont worry, if it breaks i bulletproof it.lol(minus the vp 44)

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
i didn't know ddp sold the rasp....it would be an ok one but still has a few issues,one being the belt,two being that it doesnt start moving fuel till the engine cranks...definetly would be my second choice.cummins also offer a new pump for the 98.5-2002 vp trucks.too early to tell wether or not it holds up.

"oh, and I don't worry about this stuff anymore...6.7L/68RFE BONE STOCK! :D Drive it and don't worry about it. "

i dont worry, if it breaks i bulletproof it.lol(minus the vp 44)

ddp doesn't as far as I know. I bought my RASP (number two to a customer) from DTT. And you don't have to worry about moving fuel until it starts...stock LP stays in place and primes the whole system prior to start, just as it does stock. Also, if you lose the belt, the stock pump AUTOMATICALLY comes on and takes over...you aren't ever stranded.

and NOTHING on a BOMBed truck is bullet proof...nothing.

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
my point exactly, it needs a stock lift pump.so your back to point a.lol.no wonder your bombed truck was a turd.:)j/k.iam getting ready to upgrade to a fass finally after running a holley blue and the stocker combined.when the stock pump fails you still have 15 psi but @ 400 hp it will take it down quick.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
my point exactly, it needs a stock lift pump.so your back to point a.lol.no wonder your bombed truck was a turd.:)j/k.iam getting ready to upgrade to a fass finally after running a holley blue and the stocker combined.when the stock pump fails you still have 15 psi but @ 400 hp it will take it down quick.

it doesn't "need" the stock lift pump...it completely bypasses it for everything but priming (and emergency operation). I know Stefan ran his w/o the stocker, and so did Opie back in the day (he was one of the originators). Opie then came out with the Mitusa (made in the usa...hahaha...he's a genius!). I just liked to have the peace of mind of never being stuck, ever. Many times I'm a hundred miles from the nearest town when hunting...not a good place to be stranded.

btw, my pickup wasn't a turd. ;) I have trophies, do you? :p

Premium Features