• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gold vs SuperTech

I have a 2006 RMK 600ho and I use polaris gold oil. I want to switch to SuperTech. Has anyone tried it and how does it perform with the power valves and the engine in general.

super tech is wal mart isn't it????
well I just run the best, amsoil. Its not worth risking a fouled plug, or a clogged injector, or inferior motor protection, or a lack in performance.
You get what you pay for.
Stay w/ polaris gold, or go to Amsoil Domintaor or interceptor.

There have been alot of oil threads on snowest. Do a search about which oil and specifically IndyDan's oil opinions. You might be surprised by what the polaris motor guru has to say about synthetics (including amsoil). As I recall I have not heard anything negative about the SuperTech it is made by a big name oil manufacturer. I plan to run Yamalube 2-s this season as there has been alot written about the suspect protection of the polaris gold. I had a lower end go at 700 miles on one of my IQ 600 ho's that ran gold exclusively. I have three IQ's 2 07 600HO's and an 08 700 Dragon RMK all have run VES gold all their life, and one failed a motor at 700 miles the other two have 1200 miles with no problems, so I probably did not have an oil related failure. But, after reading many "which oil" threads on this forum and reading the opinions of some highly respected engine builders I have formed the opinion that motor protection is better than clean exhaust valves and that there is better (and cheaper) solutions than the manufacturers brand of oil (specifically VES gold) (VES blue is supposed to be pretty good incidentally) DO a SEARCH there is alot of good info on the oil threads that have been on here already.

Here is a recent rant by IndyDan: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114257&highlight=gold

Last edited:
Found an interesting oil test on DOOtalk: http://www.dootalk.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t84003.html

Seems that in ASTM testng the ski-doo xp-s2 was good along with bel-ray and BG? oil? and surprisingly enough Polaris gold! Who knew? I might revise my oil choice after seeing this. I've heard the doo oil made by castrol was good, the BG was about three times better than second place! Anyone know where to get BG? I wish there was more hard test data out there to look at as this test really is missing a lot of big name oils. Also take with a grain of salt this test was only for lubricity. I think I am going for a JASO FC or ISO-L-EGD rated oil as this is a very hard test to pass and apparently ski-doo and some others do not recommend tc-w3 as this is a watercraft rating not a sled or bike rating.

Premium Features

Back