• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines! Snow is on the way!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have been so focused on hunting, blowing out sprinkler systems, cutting firewood, etc. that I guess I didn't realize how close we were to seeing snow starting to pile up in the mountains. Check out our forecast. Monday night and Tuesday look the best at this point.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...8828125&site=otx&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

I guess I had better get the sleds out and start getting some of my projects done. The M8 is getting the 2.6" Powerclaw and maybe I will even hook up the BOSS NOSS 50hp setup I have for it? I need to air up trailer tires, check wheel bearings, charge up the trailer brake break away battery, check the lights, etc.

What big projects do you have for this season?

Has anyone heard, are we supposed to have a good winter?

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
serviced the sled puller yesterday, installing SNOW tires today, greasing trl. today, k-mod will be here Mon. will install next weekend with new pistons, just got the new klim boots,pants Im usually ready waiting waiting for SNOW:face-icon-small-hap

Reactions: Arctic Thunder

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Stcatman, you are WAY ahead of me!

I just have a hard time thinking of snowmobiling when it was in the 60's and sunny. I guess it's time to shift to snow mode!

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Getting ready

I put a Kmod and CE 2.5 on last week. I also went throught the DD and checked out the bearings. After looking everything over I found a few more small issues that will be fixed this week. I was going to put in new pistons but think I'll hold off on that. Might do the reeds next week though, we'll see. Still need to check out the powervalves and cables to. I've got a new P-85 and new secondary that I was supposed to send off to Fastrax earlier this year that I've kept forgetting about, mabe I'll get that done this week to. Still lots to do on the sled and the yard, but the sled will be ridable within the next week or two. Then I'll just be patiently waiting for snow

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Maybe it's just me but, if the weather is nice and I can be outside getting stuff done, I just have to be outside.

When the days turn gray and the weather gets cold I get the inkling to fire up the woodstove in the shop, turn on some football and get the sled(s) up on the sledlift for some preseason mods and maintenance.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Got my new sled home and got started 2.6 track,can,cutler secondary, p85 primary powder pros, gauge lifter, vents and would like to do a intake but bdx don't sell there's anymore:sad:

2011 m8 tear down.jpg

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
it still shows the intake on there web site. You could talk to 1100Cat on here he sells bdx parts and probly has what you need. As for my sled at over 10000km its got a new crank, 925 RKT bb and may yet get a 2.5 CE just not sure if i wana stay with a 153 or go 162. Probly wont decide till snow comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgey

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
here in cranbrook bc, snow is WELL on its way, mountains coated with snow, getting snow and flurries here in town all day and snow on the ground, monday - tuesday morning they calling for 5-10Cm of snow, so yeah winters officially here :bounce:

Premium Features