• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 5 Summit Rear Shocks

K
So can anyone confirm if the Gen 4 rear skid shocks fit the Gen 5's? I noticed that Zbroz has updated their website for g5 parts and shows that they fit the new sleds. I even called them to confirm and they said they fit.

I just remember reading somewhere that they were slightly different.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Zbroz confirmed that their R&D department has looked in this and Said that their rear G4 shocks will BOTH fit, maybe they made their shocks a bit longer then the OEM g4's to start with.

Fingers crossed that they fit

Well that’s very vague info, eye to eye length is very different between a G4 and a G5.

Be very cautious.

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
I've contacted Elka to see about getting skid shocks before my Gen5 shows up and they told me that between the longer shocks and the new geometry, they won't have a rear shock package till they have a sled to test everything on.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I run full exits on my Gen4 nice shocks but with changed geometry on the Gen5 skid and lengthened shocks I’m scratching my head on why they have the Gen4/5 as interchangeable. Sounds like a rushed not the best it can be move.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I run full exits on my Gen4 nice shocks but with changed geometry on the Gen5 skid and lengthened shocks I’m scratching my head on why they have the Gen4/5 as interchangeable. Sounds like a rushed not the best it can be move.
Do you still have the stock resr shocks from your g4?if they where off a turbo would you want to sell them and if you do how much.Thanks

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
If anyone has the stock rear shocks from an expert turbo they want sell and the amount ,please post .I have a 20.5 turbo I would like to get the adjustable rear shock for it.
Thanks

Premium Features