• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G5 warranty “BEST” how long.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I have a Summit Expert X 2023 N/A. Received an email from BRP stating “BEST” warranty valid for 1 year. I was under impression these machines were covered for 2 years? Or is it just 1 year?

Reactions: Frankthetank79

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I have a Summit Expert X 2023 N/A. Received an email from BRP stating “BEST” warranty valid for 1 year. I was under impression these machines were covered for 2 years? Or is it just 1 year?
Factory 1 year then 1 year BEST but check with your dealer who you bought it from as that will give you the most accurate for your personal machine with whom you bought it from , cheers dave

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask

I wondered the same thing called my dealer and he told me the same thing Dave said. Than also an option to buy 2 more years 1 month prior to the 1st year expiring (Nov 30 2023)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Sad, but Doo used to doo 4 years at spring order then cut it to 3, then cut it to 2 years. Polaris does more. Cat may too starting with their new Catalyst sled.

Hopefully that prompts Doo to go back to where they were before and not keep cheaping it on their warranty.

L
Mar 8, 2011
I wondered the same thing called my dealer and he told me the same thing Dave said. Than also an option to buy 2 more years 1 month prior to the 1st year expiring (Nov 30 2023)

Taking receipt of my spring order, I was given 2 years factory warranty on an expert, with the option of 1 additional year for $1000. I was told by dealer that for Turbo's Skidoo will not offer more than a total of 3 years. I assume for NA sleds they will allow up to 4 years.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Taking receipt of my spring order, I was given 2 years factory warranty on an expert, with the option of 1 additional year for $1000. I was told by dealer that for Turbo's Skidoo will not offer more than a total of 3 years. I assume for NA sleds they will allow up to 4 years.

Mines an expert turbo. 2 year warranty with the option of two years extra warranty for $2800. According to my dealer and other guys I know that bought one

H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
Mines an expert turbo. 2 year warranty with the option of two years extra warranty for $2800. According to my dealer and other guys I know that bought one

skidoo BEST website says that maximum warranty on 2023 850 turbo is 36 months total....48 months for NA.

file:///C:/Users/ko16a/Downloads/B.E.S.T._Flyer-february-16-2022_US.pdf

Reactions: Lemo
F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
skidoo BEST website says that maximum warranty on 2023 850 turbo is 36 months total....48 months for NA.

file:///C:/Users/ko16a/Downloads/B.E.S.T._Flyer-february-16-2022_US.pdf

Correct. You get 1 year factory warranty and 1 year BEST warranty snowchecking a 2023 Turbo. You than have the option to buy 2 additional years of BEST warranty for a total of 36months BEST warranty and 1 year factory warranty

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
also, the BEST warranty is a lesser warranty as it doesn't cover as much.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
The only difference I saw was the BEST requires a $50 co-pay.

What other differences did you see?
i figured i'd call brp so as not to put some erroneous info out there. the rep confirmed that there are items covered under the initial one year warranty that are not covered under BEST and to call the local dealer to see what those items are.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
i figured i'd call brp so as not to put some erroneous info out there. the rep confirmed that there are items covered under the initial one year warranty that are not covered under BEST and to call the local dealer to see what those items are.
Thanks for checking.

Reactions: jcjc1

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
no prob. it got me thinking about it and wondering about options after the too short warranty expires.

Last edited:
H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
Correct. You get 1 year factory warranty and 1 year BEST warranty snowchecking a 2023 Turbo. You than have the option to buy 2 additional years of BEST warranty for a total of 36months BEST warranty and 1 year factory warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Look more closely...TOTAL COMBINED WARRANTY Period for a 23 Turbo is 36 months...you get 24 months and can buy one more year. Just what the Skidoo website and a very large dealer confirmed...and what my contract says....

Follow the link, it tells you exactly that. Naturally Aspirated motors = 48 mos....turbo = 36 mos max total.

• Love
Reactions: Lemo and jcjc1
F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Look more closely...TOTAL COMBINED WARRANTY Period for a 23 Turbo is 36 months...you get 24 months and can buy one more year. Just what the Skidoo website and a very large dealer confirmed...and what my contract says....

Follow the link, it tells you exactly that. Naturally Aspirated motors = 48 mos....turbo = 36 mos max total.

Can’t follow your link buddy to your c: perhaps screenshot what you want me to look at. Seems like I am not the only one on these forums that has had 4 years warranty combined for a Turbo sled. Not sure what to tell ya. Wonder if it’s a Canadian/American thing are we offered two different warranties?

Premium Features