• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI INFO ON THE 2012 PRO RMK AeroCharger TURBO KITS

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Last week I contacted all the turbo companies for details... I'll be posting that up here as I get more info (still waiting on emails from some)

The Turbo section has become this bash fest in the past season... I really don't want to see this happen this season.

Please... lets keep this thread on topic. This is not a place to bash on their products... nor talk about other competitors aftermarket offerings.. this is a "FYI" thread on this particular product.

If you want to speak about the virtues or have criticisms of this or of another mfg, please do so in another thread. :boxing:

I will ask the same of the other brand FYI's I put up.
Thanks in advance
==============================================

2012 AeroCharger Turbo Kits for the PRO RMK

I gave Brad Riley, owner of AeroCharger Turbos, a call last week and had a good discussion and follow up emails about their turbo offerings for this season.

Last year, Aerocharger had developed and refined their turbo kits for the PRO RMK. They would not ship the kits for the 2011 until they felt that their offerings would be truly ready for the consumer. This was the reason why their kits sat on the shelf till mid season before the first consumers kits shipped.

The PRO RMK kits were field tested all last season and, with the late snowfalls in the west, were able to get more time refining them on the snow well into the summer.

The 2012 AeroCharger 800 PRO RMK turbo kits are ready to ship to consumers. The 2012 kits will be ready to ship in November pending on-snow validation of calibration for the new model year sleds.

This years exciting news will be that that the intercooler, both the standard Air-to-Air and optional Water-to-Air ($150 up-charge from Air/Air) will be available for the AeroCharger kits in the PRO RMK.

According to Brad, they worked very hard to make the system run well with consistent charge temps. Ease of installation was also one of the primary goals with the new intercoolers and I was assured that both the Air/Air and Water/Air intercoolers will be easy to install in the system and the factory lighting can be retained with the Water/Air and non intercooled versions.

The aerocharger kits will feature the latest 3.5 Version of the Dobeck control box which has all of Aerochargers custom, field tested, mapping and field tested

Of course, Non intercooled systems are avail.... for $100 less than the Air/Air intercooled systems.

AeroChargers "Claim to fame" is their variable vane turbo chargers that can be installed without the need for an outside oil supply for the turbo which cuts down on installation time and simplifies the number of parts required in the system.

Boost #'s on truly straight 91 octane pump fuel are 5-6 lbs, 6-7 lbs with intercoolers... With a max of 12 psi tested on a safely tested straight 110 Race fuel supply with Intercoolers. Race/Pump mixes have been tested and their customer support can work with you for altitude/mix combos. \\

The PRO RMK systems feature the AeroCharger model 66 on the 800 and model 53 for the 600 RMK's ... both with Polaris PRO RMK specific custom turbine housings.

Cold air is drawn in on this system from the uppe side panel vent In the Stock Pro RMK location.

Aerocharger is claiming an average 6 hrs install time for the kit with an added 1 hour for the Water/Air intercooler option.

Kit prices are

$5300 for the 800 PRO, Non Intercooled
$5400 Air/Air Intercooler 800 PRO
$5550 Water/Air intercooler 800 PRO

$4950 for the 600 PRO, Non Intercooled
$5150 Air/Air Intercooler 600 PRO
$5300 Water/Air intercooler 600 PRO

Expect 2012 PRO Kits to be able to to ship intercooled Air/Air In early November. 2011 PRO kits are available for immediate shipping.

Photos will follow hopefully soon as they are working on studio shots of the kits. I'll see if I can get some preliminary shots.

I will do my best to have Aerocharger chime in directly on this thread.

I am working on more information for other brand turbo kits (IN OTHER THREADS)...stay tuned.

Reactions: dcturbo

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The one I have of the kit for the 2011 PRO RMK.

picture.php

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
MH, thanks for providing this information with the Snowest-online community.

Here is a video from one of our dealers in Canada.

We will be posting up much more info in the near future and taking a more active roll in Snowest-online in the weeks to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCYgr5tRpBw

Here is a video from ZBROZ out "playing around".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gwo3E9iFHU

This is a video testing with a Polaris RMSHA team member and Team Industries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83R_dbZyP8

Enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
i have had the chance to spend many days riding a aerocharger turbod pro and watch the installation process this last year and all i have to say is wow, it performed well beyond my expectation the power came on real smooth, so it didn't feel out of control, it ran cool never got hot on egts and very seldom did i have to mess with the fuel controller it just ran perfect, and were riding at 7k to 10k feet and no matter what elevation it ran perfect, i loved its boondocking capabilities the sled drove like a stocker with a lot more power,going in and out of the throttle was crisp and clean no bogging or sputtering at all, the clutching seemed spot on at 8200 during climbing and know matter how long the climb was it held that rpm i know sometimes after long pulls the sleds will drop rpms but this sled held it and ripped. i never had issues with the charge box blowing off even at 15lbs of boost they stayed nice and tight, this sled had over 1600 miles put on it last year and only went to the shop to get polaris recalls done it never had one turbo problem the whole year and the turbo was put on at zero miles, the over all fit and finish was spot on in my opinion, every component of the kit fitted perfectly you didn't have to grind or bend anything to make it fit. i would recommend this kit to anyone its a solid kit that performs outstanding with no problems or tinkering involved.

Reactions: Aerocharger_Brad
P
Sep 18, 2011
aerocharger pro kit

I agree with you treedocker, the pro kit is an amazing kit. the easy installation or the fact that the sled ran awesome was great too. I am a witness to the fact that Aerocharger is user friendly and "drivable" and dependable, I've had one of these in my sled all last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

moto_head90

Jan 11, 2009
Looking forward to winter and to continue enjoying the 2011 Aerocharger kit I installed on my Assault RMK. Ran in some spring snow conditions last year at 8psi and with the Assault 155" track, I could barely manage to stay on the machine. Ease of installation and tuneability high-light this kit. I've always liked the idea of the extra injectors placed in front of the throttle bodies as it works well to lubricate/cushion the reed petals.

Cheers :D

Turbo Pro

We worked with Brad last season testing the New Pro kits in the Canadian Rockies. I was impressed with the ease of install. The kit needed some programming changes at first(of cource) and we tested at low and high elevation, with different fuel,mixed fuel ect. Once programming was finalized I never had as much fun on a turbo as the Pro. The added horsepower complimented the chassis and with the quick throttle response and spool up of the Aero I found myself in the trees boondocking my 163x2.5 extreme track more than usual. The kit was flawless and performed EVERY day I went out and always was a treat to drive. The motor responds well to boost and I found clutching a breeze as well. If I could recomend a turbo system for reliability and drivability the Polaris Pro Aerocharged would be my first choice.
Aerocharger (Brad and Andrew) will be present at the Edmonton snowmobile show along side Absolute Power & Performance LTD on Oct 21-23/11 look for us there.

103_4606 (640x481).jpg 103_4602 (640x481).jpg DSC_0276.JPG DSC_0354.jpg DSC_0183.jpg

Last edited:

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Detroit Lakes, MN, Island Park, ID
Hope to get out early with Brad's crew early again this year to test. We have a new set of adjustable weights we are testing for the various turbo manufacturers we deal with. Last years kits on their Pro worked very well, I had a blast testing with them. Hopefully we can make some improvements again this year!

Reactions: mountainhorse

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
We've been using the Aerocharger turbo systems for several years now (HM Turbos and a few custom builds by us) with great results. They have shown our customers that a turbo two stroke can be used in any riding scenario, be consistent and responsive and easy to maintain. The kits do need to be properly designed and assembled for best performance and durability and we have been thoroughly impressed with the design, R&D and service from both Aerocharger and HM Turbos. Service times for high mileage turbos has been minimal at the Aerocharger facility and they guys are always helpful answering questions. We like the simple design of the self contained turbo and feel it eliminates some of the chances for problems simply due to less components being involved.

All in all....two thumbs up guys!:face-icon-small-hap

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
This year we have made some changes to our turbo system for the Polaris Pro-RMK. We are excited to announce the addition of an air-to-water intercooler system to our Pro-RMK lineup which will allow the rider to have both a very efficient intercooler as well as retaining the factory headlights. This system utilizes the engine coolant to cool the charged air temperature. Not only is the reduced air temperature safer for the engine when compared to a non-intercooled snowmobile, it also provides a very consistent charge air temperature eliminating any tuning concerns. Our air-to-water system is much easier to install when compared to some of the other options available since we are using the factory coolant loop, instead of adding a separate cooling system which can introduce dramatic spikes in air temperatures.

pro_airwater.jpg

As well as the air-to-water intercooled system, we are still offering our successful air-to-air intercooler system. This system works extremely well for trail riders, where ground speed is much higher than the average mountain rider who spends much of their time boondocking in the trees. For trail riders that don't need to maintain their headlights, this system has the best value, power, reliability, and overall cost. For riders who want to maintain their headlights and run moderate boost levels, we are also offering the non-intercooled system. This includes the same treatments as the rest of our turbo systems, is engineered to the highest levels, and is tested in all conditions to ensure maximum performance.

Rush6.jpg

All of our systems for the 800cc Liberty engine utilize the same 66-Series Aerocharger with a 200 compressor wheel and a 250 turbine wheel. To make the system even more efficient and easy to install, we have custom-built turbine housings specifically designed for the Polaris Pro-RMK/Ride sleds. For the 600cc engines we use a 53 Series Aerocharger with a 143 compressor wheel and a 300 turbine wheel. To allow for the same efficiency as the 800cc engines we include a machined pipe adapter to attach the Aerocharger onto the pipe. With either kit there is no cutting or welding of the pipe.

pro_housing.jpg

Along with the intercooler systems, we are going to offer a few new parts for the sleds this year. As most people know we have been working with Team Industries exclusively for our clutching solutions on all of our systems. We are going to offer adjustable weights along with a few springs that we have found to work well. We are also finishing up testing on a couple new electrical items. A controller for the timing on the Polaris snowmobiles will be available this season, eliminating the pesky detonation lights that show up when you start pushing the boost levels while running low octane fuels. Along with the timing, we have another exciting technology on which we are wrapping up testing. All of the systems we sell this year will have this built into the electronics, it will simply require a re-flash to make active. We will reveal the secret later this season after we are satisfied with the testing results.

Aerocommander.jpg

Included with each turbo system is an anodized and laser etched gauge pod which houses a VDO boost gauge and Innovate Air/Fuel ratio gauge. We use the new Innovate MTX gauges in our systems for their improved water resistance as well as sensor durability when compared to other wide-band manufacturers. If you do need a new sensor, you won’t have to order if from the manufacturer. With the Innovate wide-bands you can go to any auto parts store and get a new sensor.

gaugepod.jpg

Along with the timing controller we are going to start offering billet heads built by Terra Alps Racing. We worked with Ted last year and ended up with a head that allowed for fairly high boost levels on low octane fuels. These heads will take your turbo system to the next level, regardless of which kit you choose for your Pro. All of our systems come pre-assembled and ready to bolt on, complete with an easy to read instruction manual to make your job as easy as possible. After you have the system bolted up just add fuel and pull the rope. All kits are capable of running on pump or race gas, just change the boost and away you go.

RMKonthesnow.jpg

proRMK_pricing.jpg

This Turbo System Includes:

66 Series VATN Aerocharger

Turbine Heat Shield w/ Insulator

Custom Intercooler Options

Custom Air Box

Insulated Muffler

Full Silicone Charge Tubes

Billet Blow-Off Valve

Adjustable EFI Controller

Billet Secondary Fuel Rail