• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Furl pressure regulator

M

mtn_rider08

OK, so its 6:15 on saturday night, I have no dealer to call at this time. Does anybody have an EASY way to adjust the fuel pressure with a Cutler in-tank pressure regulator? I have been trying to unscrew the lock nut, back out the thumb screw and tighten the lock nut back up. Every time, the thumb screw spins back in with the lock nut, changing nothing.

Any better way to do it with out taking the pressure regulator out of the tank? Please help, I'm riding tomorrow. Thanks

that thumb screw should overpower the lock nut if the locknut was loosened even if the locknut turns in..just turn that thumbscrew a tad harder..
if you were in the middle of nowhere and you life depended on it you would find away of doing it in the tank..so starting now...

your in the middle of nowhere

Lightly clamp a small needle nose vice grip onto the lock nut, let it hang there and turn you set screw out, tighten the nut back up.

Premium Features

Back