• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel transfer tank

I bought a 900 boost this year and requires av gas or race gas. where i live closest station for race gas is an hour and choosing to go with avgas as its cheaper and easier to get most anywhere vs race gas being limited to certain fuel stations. our small local airport is 25 minutes away (toward riding zones) and i have called and is easy to go get fuel. thinking of best way to purchase a week or 2 worth at a time. ride 4-6 days a week and averaged 8 gallons a ride last year on a stock 800 so anywhere from 30-50 gallons a week

option 1: yes its rated for diesel but why wouldn't it work for gas? i have a tractor so i can load it onto truck bed and drive to airport fill it and bring it home to unload it.

option 2 would be 55 gallon drums. then buy an electric fuel transfer pump to fill sled, or keep barrels slightly elevated and use a siphon hose.

any other options of thoughts are greatly appreciated.

have a 2500 silverado with the decked drawer system and a sled deck. so bed mounted options wouldn't be ideal but could make work for right setup if someone has an idea.

thanks ahead of time for reading and inputs

Those types of units are nice, but don't buy Vevor. It's a horrible chineese company that copies the real stuff. DON"T SUPPORT THOSE BASTAGES!!!!
Find a real brand!

I bought a 900 boost this year and requires av gas or race gas. where i live closest station for race gas is an hour and choosing to go with avgas as its cheaper and easier to get most anywhere vs race gas being limited to certain fuel stations. our small local airport is 25 minutes away (toward riding zones) and i have called and is easy to go get fuel. thinking of best way to purchase a week or 2 worth at a time. ride 4-6 days a week and averaged 8 gallons a ride last year on a stock 800 so anywhere from 30-50 gallons a week

option 1: yes its rated for diesel but why wouldn't it work for gas? i have a tractor so i can load it onto truck bed and drive to airport fill it and bring it home to unload it.

option 2 would be 55 gallon drums. then buy an electric fuel transfer pump to fill sled, or keep barrels slightly elevated and use a siphon hose.

any other options of thoughts are greatly appreciated.

have a 2500 silverado with the decked drawer system and a sled deck. so bed mounted options wouldn't be ideal but could make work for right setup if someone has an idea.

thanks ahead of time for reading and inputs
I used a couple 30 gallon plastic drums when i was buying AV gas for my silber turbo axys.

Worked well, fit under a sled deck.

Man sized even full.

Siphon hose and a 3d printed drum bung wrench.

Premium Features

Back