• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel choice help

So i'm pretty new to the turbo world and just finishing up my 08 twisted turbo. Long story short bought a wrecked m1000 with a twisted kit on it and threw the motor and turbo in my 09 chassis. Hopefully dropping the motor in this week and have 5 gallons on c16 i bought with the sled. I have read tons of posts on what fuel to run and still not real sure. Is higher octane almost a fail safe? I have no problem buying a drum of c16 or I read that sunoco 116 is good, but a little worried about the shelf life. The twisted I plan on running out west. Not sure where but high elevation. And I also have a m1200 big bore but cant remember what the guy said he ran for fuel. Depending on snow will be riding this one in the UP occasionally. Ill end this here and hopefully can get my questions answered. Any help is appreciated since I will hopefully be buying fuel soon.

A TM1000 at pump gas boost levels (5 psi) makes quite a bit of power. That is what I run and just mix in a little av gas to be safe. If you are at high elevation (7,000+) and staying below 10 psi boost, you shouldn't need anything more than straight av gas or 110 race gas. Do you have any idea how much boost you plan to run or is this your first turbo?

It is very important to be consistent with these units, pick a mix and set your box then keep it the same. i recommend a cold air intake and straight av gas to run 8 to 10 psi safely depending on elevation. And enjoy, nothing pulls like the old one liters all spooled up

It is very important to be consistent with these units, pick a mix and set your box then keep it the same. i recommend a cold air intake and straight av gas to run 8 to 10 psi safely depending on elevation. And enjoy, nothing pulls like the old one liters all spooled up
Good advice here. You could probably get away with pump at 8lbs. But av is easy to get at most places, and cheap insurance. Also the cold air intake or snorkel is a great idea, and will help make that motor last.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A TM1000 at pump gas boost levels (5 psi) makes quite a bit of power. That is what I run and just mix in a little av gas to be safe. If you are at high elevation (7,000+) and staying below 10 psi boost, you shouldn't need anything more than straight av gas or 110 race gas. Do you have any idea how much boost you plan to run or is this your first turbo?

I forgot to mention that it was a race gas turbo. This is my first turbo so i'm getting pretty stumped on all this stuff. Ha I was just curious to what the best fuel would be for the two. With the turbo I should be using that one in only fairly high elevation. I can get av fuel or they have some stuff called turbo blue fuel near me that I think is 110 octane. Like I said this is my first turbo so any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Premium Features

Back