• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuel additives

the sled shop

Lifetime Membership
has anyone ever tried any fuel additives to help boost octane level up from pump 93 oct to 100LL.going to build an old ski-doo f-chassis turbo and was going to try to run a 50 pump and 50 av gas mix but its hard to bring enough av gas to mix at pumps.would be alot easier to just bring a 16 oz. bottle of additive-i think klotz makes some good stuff-not sure just wondering if anyone has used it.thanks

Lucky you, to have 93 at the pump. 91 is as high as we can get. But I have an airport right by my house.

I run a 20% avgas mix with that but that is for a high compression sled. When I get a turbo, I will run straight 100ll. I also believe that some folks here are running 100ll with a small mix of 110 race or tolulene.

I don't know the recipe though. I belive it was obtained through trial and error. make a mix, if it knocks ad more and so on till it stops, then give it a touch more to be safe.

klotz works well as does lucas octane booster. tried nos brand and didn't like the plug read afterwards...

Do you have to worry about 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke? I ask because the Klotz stuff says it's good for both but the Lucas stuff doesn't say either way.

Lucky you, to have 93 at the pump. 91 is as high as we can get. But I have an airport right by my house.

I run a 20% avgas mix with that but that is for a high compression sled. When I get a turbo, I will run straight 100ll. I also believe that some folks here are running 100ll with a small mix of 110 race or tolulene.

I don't know the recipe though. I belive it was obtained through trial and error. make a mix, if it knocks ad more and so on till it stops, then give it a touch more to be safe.

You can mix Toulene into pump gas up to 30%. After that it is no longer effective. Be careful mixing in race gas for most race gas already uses it to boost octane. doing so could mean you go past the 30% and it won't be effective.

I posted on a thread here in performance about it including ratios and how it performed on an engine dyno.

I'll try to find the thread later.

i've used the lucas in my nytro, had no problems whatsoever, don't know about in a two stroke, but i can't see the harm in it

Last edited:
torco

ill have to check in to that torco stuff looks pretty good,32 oz to 10 gallons of 93 to acheive 104-sure that will work

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back