• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Dollie 16" Tractor Tires for TS

X
Oct 6, 2010
Wanted to share my solution for the 2 wheel front Dollie and possibly give others some ideas for their's. After building 3 versions of 4 wheel dollies I came with a Yeti 2 wheel style Dollie. I decided to put the shaft behind instead of forward.

I'm pleased how it handled down the road and excited to try the larger wheels this spring to cross mud and snow patches.

Due to the large stance (20") and size of tire I designed the shaft so it would pivot as the bike leaned back and forth.

The shaft is held into place on the outside of the spindle with a disk and an 1/8" hitch Pin. The wheel is held on with a knob and a disk.

Material: 7075 Aluminum for the spindle brackets, 6061 Aluminum for shaft, Grade 5 bolts for axle shafts.

Hope this helps some one.:face-icon-small-coo

20170208_082904_resized.jpg 20170208_082835_resized (2).jpg

Last edited:
X
Oct 6, 2010
More Pictures and Info

Random Thoughts

- Very pleased with the function on the 2 wheel dolly.:face-icon-small-hap

- Able to turn around on my street

- .100” Clearance Total @3.38” width seems to yield an acceptable
pivot angle

- 12 Psi in the Tire

- Can install and secure the shaft and wheel by cranking
steering wheel to right side.

- Rear mount is a clear winner for me because the of the mounting bracket moves so far of center-line to install tire and spindle. May handle better up front or on center-line.
Any thoughts???:juggle:

Disclaimer
This is a functional proto-type design that was effected by material on hand and not installing the 6202-RS bearings in the hubs. With a little grease in one hub and Honda chain lube on the other it should last longer than the Hy-Fax on dish water and shoveled snow.:face-icon-small-coo

- Attached pictures have descriptive titles. The 2 leaning picture tittles need to be swapped.

Leaning Port.jpg Leaning Starboard.jpg .100 clearance up and down.jpg Backet matched set tappered.jpg Shaft Inserted and Secured.jpg Trail Configuration_loose hardware.jpg

Last edited:

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Looks like the Wheel kit that comes with the Yeti. I like the tires/wheels on the Yeti kit more though. My bike is easy to move with the wheel kit and the Yeti track rolls easily. Also, Rekluse makes everything easier, moving, loading, etc.

Premium Features