• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox float 2 pressure went low

So on my 14 m9000, never checked pressure before riding but rear suspension seemed good and stiff inside 70 degree shop. Put about 30 miles on it in mostly powder couple fairly hard drops.noticed about 3/4 way threw there was no suspension left. Checked pressure in rear shock and it was at 30 psi. Charged it to 130 and stuck it under water and no bubbles....can air shocks not to harsh landings? Or could going from 70 to 10 make the air pressure drop that much? Sled had 300 miles on it. Thanks for your time!

why do u think u have to add air to your summer tires

during the winter because, Cold air compresses. Hot air expands, you should
set your shock pressures in the cold weather.

i weigh 250

without gear, all Muscle Of Course. i believe the float 2 can go up to 170 + lbs of pressure.

I've seen shocks blow in a few hundred feet or riding or one loop on a snow cross track. Since you did not check it before you left you really don't know how severe the drop in pressure was. Some fill them with nitrogen to avoid the warm/cold pressure changes.

I've witnessed a bunch of guys

go out on their first ride of the season and after about 30min. to an hour they have a flat rear shock. I always carry a pump., but now I got RAPTORS ON A KMOD. YEAH!

Premium Features

Back