• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flipping 2.6 track

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Doesn't that track have the support ribs running up the back of the lug? I think they may not giver the same support in the opposite direction but love to hear of guys thinking outside the box. Switch to extrovert drivers and an antistab kit will be the answer for sure.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
It might be a good idea on a short-lug track where the lugs are symmetric, but I've heard nothing but bad things on a track designed to run one direction. Specifically, it causes really bad trenching and much worse braking action. Not something I've tried myself: I did some reading on it years ago when I wondered if it'd be a good way to get more life out of a track. It's not going to break anything if you really want to try it, but I never heard of anyone who flipped a mountain track around and ran it that way more than once.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
The 2.6 track series 6 was clipped wrong in the years from Polaris initial install (i believe in 2016 ) to 2019 and in 2019 they clipped the track on the lug instead of on the drive window between lugs and that has helped the wear problem. I am in the process of c;lipping my 2018 series 6 - 2.6 track as I write this and it has less than 800 miles on is and is showing that wear. Polaris will not admit they screwed that up nor will they warrentee a track as they say that is normal wear but if you look at the later 800s and 850s with the series 6 tracks with lots more miles, there is not the same wear showing up. Anyhow, I have discussed this with the dealer and these are my thoughts and information that I have gleened!!
gtwitch in wyoming

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
The 2.6 track series 6 was clipped wrong in the years from Polaris initial install (i believe in 2016 ) to 2019 and in 2019 they clipped the track on the lug instead of on the drive window between lugs and that has helped the wear problem. I am in the process of c;lipping my 2018 series 6 - 2.6 track as I write this and it has less than 800 miles on is and is showing that wear. Polaris will not admit they screwed that up nor will they warrentee a track as they say that is normal wear but if you look at the later 800s and 850s with the series 6 tracks with lots more miles, there is not the same wear showing up. Anyhow, I have discussed this with the dealer and these are my thoughts and information that I have gleened!!
gtwitch in wyoming
I brought a used 16 with the stock track and it all these marks near the windows.
I changed the skid to an aftermarket one and the wear around window haven't really changed since then.

the pro ride track 2.4 was clipped on the off lug windows too and never saw this wear inside.

it's probably more than a single factor

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I brought a used 16 with the stock track and it all these marks near the windows.
I changed the skid to an aftermarket one and the wear around window haven't really changed since then.

the pro ride track 2.4 was clipped on the off lug windows too and never saw this wear inside.

it's probably more than a single factor

The ProRide had the rubber nubs on the outside of the rail and on the inside. The track was not able to slide out and hit those unclipped window edges.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Like Teth-Air says the 2.4 track did not have the wear problem but the 16, 17, and 18 years did have this problem
gtwitch in wyoming

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
my main point was that an aftermarket skid didn't seem to damage the track like the stock skid did.

the window clip is not the cause not the ultimate fix to this situation

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
back in my arctic cat days everyone on the cat forum was swearing how good of a deal it was to flip a attack 20 and straighten the lugs , i fell for it and it was a horrible trenching track . i knew in one ride i hated it .

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
back in my arctic cat days everyone on the cat forum was swearing how good of a deal it was to flip a attack 20 and straighten the lugs , i fell for it and it was a horrible trenching track . i knew in one ride i hated it .
For those that reversed the Attack 20, didn't that also create a "bob sled" effect when braking ? .... or something like that ? Oh well, trivia at this point. Tracks have changed for the better.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
For those that reversed the Attack 20, didn't that also create a "bob sled" effect when braking ? .... or something like that ? Oh well, trivia at this point. Tracks have changed for the better.
it was the opposite affect ,with the attack 20 on correctly it was terrible going down hill , with it reversed at least it had good braking , all in all a terrible track .

Premium Features