• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flip flop

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Been awhile since we had a Barack flip flop....

Adding to the bearish sentiment around oil, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Monday proposed that the government sell 70 million barrels of oil from its strategic reserves to help lower gasoline prices. He had previously opposed tapping the supplies, but said in a major energy speech that past releases from the reserve have "lowered gas prices within two weeks."

The Illinois senator also reiterated his statement Friday that he could now support limited new offshore drilling in the U.S. if needed to enact a compromise energy policy that would foster fuel-efficient autos and alternative energy sources.

http://plainview.uscable.com/finance/index.php?display=story&article=D92BJSV00&pd=20080804

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
The only difference between obama and osama is a little b.s. The new word on the street is that Obama was going to hand out tire gauges so we can all make sure our tires were inflated correctly, haha;)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I would rather vote for a guy that is willing to change his mind as times change than a guy that is so stuck on his ideas, that he absolutely refuses to make a switch.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Yeah, let's all check our tire pressure! What an A**hole. I see his point but man address the real problem... Oil prices and U.S. oil availability. It's there you just need to tap the resources, and furthermore, there are other energy sources beside oil!

C
Nov 28, 2007
I would rather vote for a guy that is willing to change his mind as times change than a guy that is so stuck on his ideas, that he absolutely refuses to make a switch.

I can agree with that, but will he seriously consider offshore drilling, or is he trying to say the best of both sides for the votes, then poof, no drilling per some excuse he'll come up with in office? I don't buy it! He's just playing the game and spewing BS! :mad:

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
Just reported on the news early this morning that women voters like Obama because of his physical attributes. :confused: Come on now! :eek: These must be the same women that pick professional sports teams by the colors and designs of their jerseys. :confused:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I can agree with that, but will he seriously consider offshore drilling, or is he trying to say the best of both sides for the votes, then poof, no drilling per some excuse he'll come up with in office? I don't buy it! He's just playing the game and spewing BS! :mad:

I really don't know that answer. The game is politics. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Premium Features