• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flat Tops sled-in-sled-out Cabin in NW Colorado

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
I would appreciate it if anyone had any good ideas on how I can best get the word out to snowmobilers about our cabin rental.

During the fall it is rented to hunters, but come winter we are the only place open to the public within a 30+ mile radius. Because of this our area is uncrowded and the powder stashes are plentiful. The local clubs maintain over 178 miles of trails in the area and the Nat'l Scenic Byway isn't plowed for over 40 miles of wide-open easy to ride scenic trail riding between two mountain passes (Dunckley and Ripple Creek Pass).

I need to get the word of mouth going and get clubs talking about us. I mailed to every club in Colorado last year and no one called me back. I am finding out that lots of people are interested in a place like ours, but my mailing didn't get into the right hands.

The cabin has recently been gutted and fully renovated and has radiant in floor heat etc. See our website for details (www.wildskies.com).

Please help me spread the word and forward advice on how best to get this info into user who are looking for a get-away like ours.

Sincerely,
Lisa
wildskies.com

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Lisa has been a huge help in the fight against the Hidden Gems as well as a staunch supporter of White River Forest Alliance. Please pass the word for her and take a second and check out her website. The riding looks like it would be epic. :)

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Fix up your snowmobile page with pictures of newer sleds riding the most extreme terrain and deepest snow you have access to. Maybe the locals will see this and lend you some of their pics. I think TA1000 lives out that way and may ride up there. Got any pics of your cabin with 5 feet of snow around it instead of a few feet? When I saw how close you were to the wilderness that was a turnoff. A trail map of riding areas and the surrounding, rideable terrain would be a good addition to the maps page. Good luck!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I agree with Bushy, seeing that you are on Wilderness border is a big turnoff to snowmobilers. Personally I am never going to spend that kind of money for lodging, but it looks nice.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I agree with Bushy, seeing that you are on Wilderness border is a big turnoff to snowmobilers. Personally I am never going to spend that kind of money for lodging, but it looks nice.

Xs two on the Wilderness thing. I'd hate to look out every morning to see epic terrain that I cannot ride on.

Xs two on the price thing also. We have our cabin rented for the forum ride and it was a hair over $800 for three days. Does look nice though, have to check out that area next summer while planning the Fall hunt.

D

doorock

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Wilderness

I have ridden that area many times - If you head up towards Ripple Creek Pass towards Pagoda Peak onto Sand Peak and on over towards Sleepy Cat Peak there is lots of riding that is not Wilderness and often not tracked up after you get away from the road a couple of miles. While I am in agreement that the lodging price is to high the riding is very good.

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
I have ridden that area many times - If you head up towards Ripple Creek Pass towards Pagoda Peak onto Sand Peak and on over towards Sleepy Cat Peak there is lots of riding that is not Wilderness and often not tracked up after you get away from the road a couple of miles. While I am in agreement that the lodging price is to high the riding is very good.

X2
The riding can be very good at times with lots of aspen meadows and moderate climbs. Plenty of riding that does not get anywhere near the wilderness.
A bit hard to get to sometimes but not too bad.
Should have winter rates more in line with other Flat Top cabins.

Premium Features