• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride on the SnoWest 2014 Project Turbo Mountainhorse & some "Eye Candy"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
First Ride on the SnoWest 2014 Project Turbo Mountainhorse & some "Eye Candy"

This past weekend myself and 3 of my riding buddies had our first opportunity to take out the SnoWest 2014 project Snowbike for a day of riding in Island Park Idaho.

To say that I was "Deeply Impressed" is a gross understatement!. Its not very often that an entirely new segment to a very well developed sport opens up. And while there have been several past attempts to bring a "Snowbike" of one configuration or another to the marketplace, I rather strongly suspect that Timbersled has at long last nailed it with their "Mountainhorse" conversion kit.!

Given that the snow conditions were below average at best, we nevertheless had an absolute BLAST riding this bike over a wide range of terrain for 6 hours and 3 tanks of fuel.

If there was one thing that really stood out to me it was the absolutely EFFORTLESS ability to sidehill the Mountainhorse imparts to it's rider. Considering how amazingly surefooted this stead was, they could rename it the MountainGOAT because it would go anywhere we pointed it without any hesitation at all.

I can only imagine what it must be like to ride in fresh deep powder with snow billowing over the front fender!

=====

For those of you who already know all this and more, here is some eye candy from the "Timbersled Pine Creek Ride" shot by Ryan Harris of SnoWest last week showing off the SnoWest Project Snowbike!

picture.php

Last edited:
<hr style="color:#e8e8e8; background-color:#e8e8e8" size="1"> Rider: Reagan Sieg
Photographer: Ryan Harris for SnoWest Magazine.

picture.php

Having had the great opportunity to join in on this ride I wanted to leave a few comments.

First I have never ridden a dirt bike in my life.
I have taken a motorcycle star course and I have my license.

That being said, the first few minutes on this were really just different haha. And having to learn to shift made it even more interesting.

But within 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes) I was cruising on the bike no problem. I was weaving in between trees, climbing, and side hilling things I would lever take any sled through. Pro, xm, cat or nytro.

This bike just went everywhere and it did it with such ease it was astounding. I would take this bike out again in a heart beat. It was an absolute blast.

Well that's my two cents!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some raw unedited video of my first few minutes riding the SnoWest Turbo Mountain Horse. Prior to this video I had about 1 minute on the Snowbike making one lap around the parking lot when we unloaded it.

Nothing exciting, just showing how incredibly easy and friendly it is to ride with no prior experience.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oDq9hSq9Ycw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Was it a mistake to get on a snowbike? :face-icon-small-win
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
It opened up a WHOLE NEW WORLD of riding possibilities!

I can absolutely see adding one of these to my personal sled stable!

No doubt but I will have to travel up north to Sandpoint and go meet the folks at Timbersled and get to know this product up close and in person now.

These guys need a TRAILER FULL OF MOUNTAINHORSEs out on DEMOS every weekend all year long introducing people to this new machine.

We could bring in a whole new generation of sledder to our sport.

Just think of all the guys out there that own Dirt Bikes that hang em up every winter!

Huge Potential for our sport.

Premium Features

Back