• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First 25lbs off my XM.

Matte, did you give up on the Pro? Not trying to over step, just wondering. Thanks!
Dan

treadmill.gif

Gotta ask....if lightweight is a priority, what's with the e start? Not trying to be a dink....I loooove it on my dirt bike, but never missed it much on a sled.

I have been told the ES is about 20 lbs. The ring gear is already on the sleds.

If being light weight is a goal one should start with a pull start model and go from there.

I would rather have ES. I put on a light weight battery and can for a net 20lb reduction......but really at that point you weigh as much as a bone stock XM.

I am waiting for the post where someone has dropped 25 lbs from a pull start XM!

I think the etecs start so easy with pull start
Pull start is effortless 1 pull cold or warm almost like a half pull when warm

Maybe when you have just got it unstuck and your bagged then estart would be awesome

I will pull mine over for the 20lbs

birdie

First 25lbs. Off my xm

Matte, what was the part number of the Shorai battery you installed? I just purchased a LFXA1-BS12 and was wondering if it was the proper battery.Thanks

All you tough guys and your pull starts. I say get over it. The guy looks to have the resources and determination to lighten his estart. I say well done Ladd.

I just was at a dealer asking how much weight e-start added and he told me that the ones on the xm's only add 7-8 lbs. If this helps at all.

But the guy above saved 10 lbs with a lightweight battery :face-icon-small-dis

So you get e-start, and then put in a light weight battery and your sled weighs less than a non-e-start version. Makes sense. :yo:

I just was at a dealer asking how much weight e-start added and he told me that the ones on the xm's only add 7-8 lbs. If this helps at all.

Closer to 20 with the stock battery. Shorai battery does cut that in half or more.

Dealer is considering that there is no recoil of the pull start. My dealer also feels that it doesn't add much wt., but that's what they are paid to say...lol.

what's the point of e-start on an EFI or Direct injected sled? They always start super easy? Now, on a carb XP yah - i can see the point. Roll that beotch over and have fun getting it started again. but on an ETEC, even with the means Powderboy, i'm not interested. Matte, shed some light on your thinking cause maybe there is an angle i'm not thinking of.

On dirt bikes though, i'm all in. I have had e-start for a decade and i'll never go back! :face-icon-small-coo

what's the point of e-start on an EFI or Direct injected sled? They always start super easy? Now, on a carb XP yah - i can see the point. Roll that beotch over and have fun getting it started again. but on an ETEC, even with the means Powderboy, i'm not interested. Matte, shed some light on your thinking cause maybe there is an angle i'm not thinking of.

On dirt bikes though, i'm all in. I have had e-start for a decade and i'll never go back! :face-icon-small-coo

I think it's just part of getting old (er) :face-icon-small-win

I will probably get e-start AND a tall windshield on my next sled.....been eyeing the heated seat cover too.

I know this doesnt happen to often but it was 30 below c it took 10 pulls before mine stayed running and they wernt easy pulls either. Also i had origanally bought sled for wife and she couldnt pull it over so i could see where e start would be handy

I know this doesnt happen to often but it was 30 below c it took 10 pulls before mine stayed running and they wernt easy pulls either. Also i had origanally bought sled for wife and she couldnt pull it over so i could see where e start would be handy
A buddy and I ordered 08 Renagade SDI 600x His with no E-stat was 430 Mine with E-start was 450.That was crate weight.

After thieves cleaned out my stable of etec's last season I bought a new 12 pull start because that's all I could get. 1 hard pull cold and it would start every time. After it was warm and sat for 5 minutes or so I would have to pull that dang thing hard 4-5 times to get it to fire. Hated it. I traded it in this season for a estart XM. Like Brew said it could be an age thing but I run with a pretty hot rodded crowd and I'm going every where they are and when I help them get unstuck I don't notice a difference in weight. The difference I do notice is they pull start their sleds and I push the button. I'm not saying weight doesn't matter but IMO you need to whack 60-80lbs off before you start to see a quantifiable difference.

Premium Features

Back