• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feels like the break is on?

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I noticed the last couple rides my sled pulls like the break is slightly on, I ride an 07 800 Rev and this has been a weird spring with lots of HEAVY snow. my track&suspension have been clogging up real bad with ice/snow and I've had to stop to clear it out in order to keep going. Well after a couple rides of that it now feels like the break is on and the sled it trying to pull through it. No, the break is not on it just rides like it is.
When the track was clogging up it would get so clogged that my suspension would not even work, it was like riding without any suspension b/c of all the ice buildup. I get normal rpms throughout, so its not a clutching problem, it just feels like I'm pulling an Arctic cat all the time:confused: No weird noises either, everything seems fine, engine power is great. Any ideas of what my problem is here? Any help would be great:(, thanks.

Last edited:
J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Track too tight?
Idler wheels icing?
hyfax?
Belt deflection? Too narrow of belt

couple of ideas. let us know what you find. good luck

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Closer inspection showed nothing out of the ordinary...Track will rotate fairly easily while suspended in the air, turning it by hand. All bearings seem fine jackshaft and idler wheels all rotate freely. I have that challenger lite track and it seems to cause all sorts of problems, I wonder if its the track?? Belt deflection and track tension are within reason. I ran the sled while suspended and it is getting normal speeds. I wonder what is up? haven't taken it out lately, anything else I should look for? Once again while in the snow the sled hits rpm's normally it just doesn't get up good track speed, feels like the brake is on???:(

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
I had this type of feeling on my 09 cat. It was a tight cyl. on one side. It eventually siezed. It felt fine on the the trail until WOT then it just wouldn't get up and go. Didn't have much top speed. It felt like something was bound up or...

Hard to explain.

Might check the engine if you haven't I didn't read everything

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Maybe your secondary is binding under load. I guess check the bushings in that. Just a thought

S
Nov 27, 2007
I've been having the same issue the last couple rides out. '07 159 with camo track hits rpm's but does not hold track speed. I changed the bushing that surround the helix and the slide buttons in the primary. I have the original spring tower cap in the primary, but I think the problem is the secondary main bushing maybe? I ride with two other o7's and they have smoked me the last couple of times.
I'm really sick of spending money on this crappy clutch setup, it's non stop, snowmobiling is the only industry that can get away with crap like this.

Premium Features