• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feb 5th freestyle show in steamboat springs

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
The Steamboat show will include Sam Rodgers (X-games silver medalist, world record backflip distance holder), Tyler Nelson (Slednecks Rider and Godfather of the metal ramp!), and a few others. Presale tickets are $12/adult, $10/child, under 5 free presale at Extreme Power Sports (the tickets will be a couple bucks more at the gate). If you have a winter carnival button you get a discount. The show will be at the rodeo grounds in town off 5th St. and gates open at 7:30pm show should start about 8pm. There is an Olympic athlete send of party downtown as part of winter carnival and the snowmobile show will follow that. There will be an after party at the Tap House 729 Lincoln Ave friday after the event.

(new post because i can not edit the older one any more)

Last edited:

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
The snow sucks in town. They have the jump built at the rodeo grounds for the sleds and ran some practice runs today. They are setting up a big stage on Lincoln Ave. for the Olympic send off party. There will be 17 Olympians at the send off party tonight I guess. Should be a fun time even if the snow isn't great. They will truck snow in for the street events this weekend anyway.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Had fun. Bummer about the accident though. The ramp and the landing were way too close to be trying backflips IMO. Just the textbook tricks were landing the riders 3/4's down the landing. When he ripped that backflip he practically flat-landed and that is what did him in.

I'd like to thank Rob for going the extra mile and getting the autograph's for my son. That meant alot to him. Thanks for getting me the tickets and saving me the pain of having to deal with the line and such. The 7 hour drive home was bad enough.

Premium Features