• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fairbanks riders.....

There are several of you out there that have posted relating to the lack of race fuel here in fbks. and the subsequent cost. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with KLOTZ products but I have used their octane boost in my slightly modded sleds, sportbikes and dirtbikes for over 5 years with zero indecent. The prob is the place I used to buy from Interior fuels on vanhorn no longer sells it and I know of no other place in fbks that does. Klotz for those of you that are not familiar raises the octane rating by 2.5 numbers/oz. (there are 10 octane points /no.) So in theory one oz. will raise 1 gal.of 90 octane pump gas to 92.5 assuming the pump gas is truly 90. I called around and there is a place in Wasilla, "Alaska on and off road specialties" that carries the full Klotz line. Randy, the guy I spoke to said he sells the octane boost for for $68/gal (128oz.) he also carries their race gas 118 in the 5 gal or 55 gal., chain case lube...ect,ect... The point of all of this is he said he would give a "great deal" (his words) if I could get a bulk order together. I don't know what he considers a bulk order but I was planning on buying 4gals. of the octane boost. If you have questions their no. is 907-357-3687. I don't know if anyone is interested I just thought I would put it out there.
http://www.klotzlube.com/

Thanks, Jonny

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I used to run the Klotz additive from Randy at On and Off Road Specialties when I was running a boondockers 30 shot. I never had any issues with detonation, so Im sure it works. It isnt like the 104+++extra cool stuff you buy at the auto parts store, this stuff actually works.

Plus it makes the exhaust smell soooo goood!

I
Nov 26, 2007
http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=34 this is the only stuff I found on the site...it says you mix it at a 9:1 ratio to raise your octane 10 pts and it costs $28 per gallon...that's about $80 per tank with 87 and octane boost or $62 per tank using 8 gallons of 90 and 4 of 110 for the same 97 octane rating.

Are you looking at a different product than I am?

Icr, yes, it's different stuff....it's the Octane booster not the Hitrate (blue can not the red can) it is in the products section on their web site it comes in 16oz. bottles or gallon cans. You can veiw the tech sheet on it. I have never used the hitrate....and have never really researched it. I was just trying to see if a few folks were interested in either the octane boost or the race gas we could get a deal on a bulk order. If not,maybe if someone is coming up to fbks I could persuade them to bring up a couple of gallons??

Premium Features