• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust performance question?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
So I have your typical push turbo exhaust, I'm wondering if theres much performance to be gained from either cutting out the glass pack and putting in a straight pipe through there or turning it into a tunnel dump with either the glass pack or straight pipe?

I just built a straight pipe for my 1100t way to loud. and from what ive heard they like to ticket in Colorado so off with that and order my evo exhaust up as soon as they get the kinks worked out for the 14's

So I have your typical push turbo exhaust, I'm wondering if theres much performance to be gained from either cutting out the glass pack and putting in a straight pipe through there or turning it into a tunnel dump with either the glass pack or straight pipe?

I would think the tunnel dump would be your best option. Get the heat as far from the intake as possible. I don't care for the side dumps much, Tries to suffocate the engine when stoping and going in deep powder and side hilling. I like that push uses the stock dump hole. But not the best idea with the intake above it.

Yeah I rode my sled the other day and the charge pipe definitely was toasty which is why I'm leaning towards a tunnel dump. Not to keen on cutting a giant hole in my side panel and venting so I didn't really consider that way. My big issue for the tunnel dump is thats where my oil pump for the turbo is mounted up too, and the hoses are so short there virtually no room to move it around unless its closer.

What a perfect time to do a injection delete and a tunnel dump!! 2 great mods to your sled

Have you got the 2 injector kit? I started with 2 injector push kit. I ended up putting a race gas charge tube on with the extra injectors and it made a huge difference. The charge tube feels 100+ degrees cooler now running 3-4 lbs more boost. That and added a cai snorkel above the hood solved the warm charge temps.

Last edited:
Have you got the 2 injector kit? I started with 2 injector push kit. I ended up putting a race gas charge tube on with the extra injectors and it made a huge difference. The charge tube feels 100+ degrees cooler now running 3-4 lbs more boost. That and added a cai snorkel above the hood solved the warm charge temps.

Yeah its just the 2 injector kit, I'm not planning on keeping this sled after this season so I'm not looking to dump anymore money into it since I know I've already put more money into it then ill get out of it. Need to save a bit to start a 10-11 M8 turbo build in the summer! Might do a snorkel though seems like a good idea just worried about breaking it rolling the sled. How much did it cost to upgrade anyways?

Not sure which push kit you have?

Cost was about a 100$ for CAI I just bought the BD kit for the pro and reworked it a little. The RG parts were spendy 750$ or more you need to get new controller to run the extra injectors. I have the tial kit which worked ok with only stock injectors but I have heard the little G kit builds too much heat and a third injector is almost a must.

I have the g kit. Yeah I'm not looking to spent that much more money. Thinking to reduce heat I do the tunnel dump, a cold air intake, and just vent my hood like crazy.

Are straight piped 2 strokes really loud or are they ok?

Spend few bucks and put the inj. in the charge tube.. Well worth it..Then run the push exaust like it came with..:face-icon-small-coo

As long as its not to crazy loud I think thats the route ill go with the straight pipe tunnel dump. Also its just not an option to do the extra injectors right now if I want to be able to put gas in my sled.

As long as its not to crazy loud I think thats the route ill go with the straight pipe tunnel dump. Also its just not an option to do the extra injectors right now if I want to be able to put gas in my sled.

I would just leave it as is man.
If money is limited, I wouldn't change anything.
The performance gains will be minimal. Put that cash under you mattress, save it for fuel,oil and trip to the mountain

YEP Cold air intake will do far more than tunnel dump IMO. 100$ and run the piss out of it.

Yeah I've been building this sled pay check by pay check for the last few months, just putting on the finishing touches now, just want to make sure I can do anything possible to make sure I don't have any issues this season!

Running a G-Kit here with quad injectors, two in the charge tube. Charge temps get hot for sure at WOT. But I'm at sea level to 4000 most of the time. Just did a tunnel dump myself (straight piped) no glass pack anymore. So I'll let you know what it sound like hopefully Saturday when I get the first ride of the year. Also got a CAI from Shane Stanger (Twisted Turbos) that should help too.

Running a G-Kit here with quad injectors, two in the charge tube. Charge temps get hot for sure at WOT. But I'm at sea level to 4000 most of the time. Just did a tunnel dump myself (straight piped) no glass pack anymore. So I'll let you know what it sound like hopefully Saturday when I get the first ride of the year. Also got a CAI from Shane Stanger (Twisted Turbos) that should help too.

Are you running the oil pump for the turbo mounted in that area? Id be interested to see a pic of your setup if you don't mind!

U-bolted the oil pump on the oil tankturbo stand, used 1/4-20 all thread that I just bent in the vise and nyloc nuts. I'll see if I can get pic loaded up they are on my phone.

Premium Features

Back