• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Excavator totally under water

W
Nov 26, 2007
monroe wa
County started a road repair project 2 weeks ago to put a new culvert under the road. The 200 series excavator is sitting in a 25' hole, the top of the boom is 6' under water. The problem is the road is 100 feet away from the snoqulmie river on a steep bank so the road well most likely fail. All the fluids are leaching out and running down the river. How stupid of the county to start a project in western washington this time of the year. I think that someone in the county should be held criminaly resposable for this. I'll post some pic's later today. Just east of crest lake rd on High bridge:mad:

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
WTF!!! If that was just some guy doing it they would hang him but if its a city job they will say its fine nothing got in the water!!

L
Just get a bunch of Dawn or some good grease cutting dish soap and squirt that chit everywhere. Watch that silly little rainbow dissapear. I "heard" it works GREAT! Ya, county job, nothing is wrong, no one will hear about it. They would hang us by the short hair if we did it, call KING 5!!! EPA too. We lost 500 or so gallons of hydraulic fluid near Ebey Slough, what an ordeal that was! EPA loves it when stuff gets into water.

C
Jan 24, 2002
Helena, MT
How stupid of the county to start a project in western washington this time of the year. I think that someone in the county should be held criminaly resposable for this.

The same guys that authorized ripping the top off of a floating bridge, and not did not monitor the pumps on a three day weekend. :eek:
:confused:

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
what happened to the pics?

the city "officials" have kidnapped w8tn4u and are scrambling as we speak to come up with a plan! They got to him before he could post the pics.
No witness NO CRIME!

M
Dec 4, 2007
No more water in the hole but the excavator sure was in the hole. There was a much lager excavator onsite as well not sure if it was there before or not. Looked like they may try to get it out with that. I will try and get some pics tommorow if I can....if I can. If not sorry.

Hopefully the "officals" are not reading this.............:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
This thread is useless without pictures!

Is this what you were getting at?

worthlesswithoutpics.gif

ttiwwop.gif

I think they were simply planning for some job security!:cool::beer;

Premium Features