• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO 215 Reflash + 110 Race Gas + Report = WOW

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
So, since I was laid off in July, my plan was to ride the **** out of my sled and upgrade slowly since that was my only option. I wanted to know how each component helped or not without being combined with another mod. I ride everywhere in the state of Colorado and average at 10,000ft and ride 3-4 days a week. This is easy since I live in Vail.

Mods (in order of addition):

1. Three inch straight pipe-a little loud but the weight loss was what I wanted and an unrestricted pipe. Had to do it again-EVO bullet pipe. Less loud, grams heavier but equally free flowing.

2. MDS Weights-Huge help. Just feels right. Wouldn't change them for anything. Easy to adjust as mods change. Customer service is top notch.

3. XXX Mods Full Vent Kit-These things just don't have the under hood space to evacuate air like my old 2010 M8. Get some vents, don't care whose, just get some.

4. Side Note- Get rid of your goggle holder. Blocks the hottest air from escaping.

5. Also, get rid of the tunnel bag that came with the sled or replace the rivets for the straps with bolts and washers and crank it down. I've had two bags and both failed due to the rivets breaking. Nothing sucks more than losing a bag with $500+ gear in it and being too broke to replace it.

6. SLP Powder Pros- Better than stock and good in super light powder but too heavy on the trail. Still easy to sidehill and counter steer but front end still nose dived. Sold them.

7. 8" Slydog Powderhounds. Better on the trail. Reduced darting. Awesome flotation in light to heavy powder. In deep powder, super easy to counter steer and sidehill. In set up snow, more effort required to pull the beast over. Still my favorite overall ski and a real treat to handle coming off jumps and drops.

8. EVO BRV-Nice improvement over stock, HUGE improvement with EVO 215 reflash!!!

9. Addition of 110 octane leaded race gas - A recommendation from Jim at EVO. The goal was to get the tank up to 93 octane. Hearing and feeling the sled after the addition of 110 made me think the sled was made for 93. No more octane warnings and a noticeable power gain above 7000rpms. Actually was hitting the rev limiter for the first time ever.

10. EVO 215 Reflash - WOW, best mod for sure. I could not imagine going to a super shoot or big shoot or whatever they are called. I have more power than I would ever need. Sled runs like a very, very well tuned sled with no fussing with adjustments. Hill climbing is simply insane. Nothing can come close within my group of 28+ riders.

11. EVO/Gates belt-Have one but not on yet. Cant get my stock belt to blow yet with 800 miles on it.

Last Mods:
1. Intercooler fan
2. Evo cold air intake/rollover valve

These notes are simply my opinions and my experiences. Hope they lend some insight into one of the many paths you can take with this awesome sled (2013 1100 Turbo).

Thanks

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Boost.....

I get that question a lot. Couple things to consider:

1. It's elevation dependent. Higher you go the more it makes to compensate. Always makes 215 is the key.
2. I think people ask because they want to compare it to what they currently have. You have to realize that more power is made with timing, especially when you are working with the stock turbo. I always give the example of my twin turbo 5.9. When I did the cam in it I lost 9-10lbs of boost and gained 40hp. Timing.

I have never had a guy tell me the old box or flash was better than the Evo one I did for them. They always overachieve.

Great write up btw. Step by step for guys just getting their feet wet.

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
Do you have a boost guage and if so I'm curious of how many pounds the 215 reflash puts out

I see 5-10# running down the trail. 20ish when getting after it. There is not much time to look when your on the throttle. With the 215 reflash I cannot help but grin. If your on the fence about putting on the flash, quit thinking and get it.

D
Oct 8, 2012
Sounds like a great setup thanks for answering my question how much weight are you running to keep that thing from hitting rev limiter and what rpm is our happy spot

D
Oct 8, 2012
Curious what weight your running for your setup I have thought about going with the mds weights but I have heard they usually run a lil different from others

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Nice!

I'm still running the Boondocker 2.0 with what I think are good results. The highest elevation I ride is 6000ft. Yes, I do notice a power loss as I ride higher elevation. I'm going to do the re-flash when I get my c-c/parallelism corrected! Other than that I feel I have everything else needed to make a great sled. Can't wait.

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
More updates

The MDS weights are great and easy to adjust. I can't remember how much weight I have as I have not needed to adjust them at all. They came dialed in exactly for my riding style and elevation. I partially attribute my great belt life to these weights.

I just got back from three days at Sheepshead Cabin (12,000ft elevation) down by Wolf Creek. The snow was super set up and I must say, the 215 reflash made the day quite enjoyable. The reflash has helped in a huge way to get my track speed up from a stand still. This is super important when the snow is set up and you are trying to cut through the crust to initiate a 180 degree turn from a stand still. This was extremely difficult before the reflash. It also helps to overcome the resistance caused by trying to push a 8" Slydog ski into the crust.

I have adjusted my front shocks to 70psi and my rear to 135psi and have found this to be the sweet spot for my set up.

In terms of sweet spot for the RPM's, 7000-8200 rpms is were I like to be.

I added one mod to my "next" list...EVO Gears and Chain.

Premium Features