• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ethanol additives Vs non ethanol fuel

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Has anyone had any luck with a non ethanol additive, such as Stabil's or Lucas'? I realize that they are only meant to treat or protect against the corrosion that ethanol causes, however the bottle is fairly convenient when a non ethanol pump isn't around. I used it on my sleds last season and didn't seem to have any issues up until our last ride, however I believe that was because of bad fuel.

Also, in regards to running this additive, my sled will run with the "Premium Only" light on, if I am running it in premium only mode. To help prevent detonation, I've kept it in Regular, but I would like to know if it would be safe to run it in the other mode.

http://www.starbrite.com/category/star-tron-small-engine

ran with startron 4 times with mid grade 88/87 ( blew out a-arms on New Years then snow was ****ty) on my 07 m1000 last year and seemed to help with the lag caused by the ethonal fuel. Seem to run better than on non-e premium and mid grade e15, but not as good as non-e 88/87. I will have better idea after some deep powder days this year as long as I dont smash up an a-arm for a 3rd straight year on New Years !

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Maybe my initial post was a little unclear, an ethanol additive claims to protect against the corrosion that ethanol causes. Does anybody know if the additive works as well as a non ethanol fuel? And if so, why would my Premium only light be on if the Premium Ethanol blend (91 octane) with the additive was in the tank.

Can I run my sled in Premium mode, with the additive, and not have to worry about detonation?

Premium Features