• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

etec and amsoils

R
Feb 25, 2008
Curious if anyone is running anything besides XPS 2 in there etec motors. I have run amsoil interceptor for years in all my sleds, just got an etec and the dealer told me not to run anything but XPS in the etec. Doing a little research with amsoil and they claim the interceptor is great oil for the etec. There is even an ad in snowest latest issue claiming it is a great oil for this motor. I don't what to hurt my etec in anyway, but I have about 15 gallons of amsoil interceptor I have already bought and paid for before I bought the sled.....Just looking for some input if anyone is doing anything different. Thanks

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
You have the wrong deAler. I don't know any that run SkiDoo in their etec due to cost. I personally run Amsoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
As long as it meets the standard required for the Etec you can run what ever oil. If you forced to run nothing but XPS then they are required to supply it to at no cost.

Premium Features