• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine light

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Just fired up my sled and have a engine light on the top of my screen, 450 miles, 23 patriot booster, can’t find the manual on it yet, first Polaris after 30 years on a Yamaha of some kind. I bought it new

These are the times when it's nice to have an EZ link or other code reader. At least then you know what's wrong in the garage vs. taking it somewhere.

Just fired up my sled and have a engine light on the top of my screen, 450 miles, 23 patriot booster, can’t find the manual on it yet, first Polaris after 30 years on a Yamaha of some kind. I bought it new
The Polaris 7s Display and the Message Center Display (Standard Display) can recall codes as long as there is a code active (check engine/MIL-Malfunction Indicator Light).

7s Display - After the warning screen press POLARIS STAR BUTTON (middle button on right side)

PXL_20240624_170946580.MP.jpg

>ALL SETTINGS (bottom right)

PXL_20240624_170955040.jpg

>VEHICLE (bottom left).

PXL_20240624_171009297~2.jpg

>DIAGNOSTICS

PXL_20240624_223810969.jpg

Then your active codes will be displayed.
>PRESS ON ACTIVE CODE FOR MORE INFO

PXL_20240624_171017282.jpg

Limited info will be displayed about the active code. Unfortunately most of the time it will direct you to Contact Your Dealer.

PXL_20240624_171035035.jpg

Looks like I got beat to the punch😂

Another perk of the 7s. It sure betas reading out the codes ans hunting on Google to find them in a service manual.

To retrieve the active code (check engine/MIL must be on) with the Message Center Display (Standard Display)

While the engine is running press and HOLD >CENTER POLARIS STAR BUTTON

PXL_20240624_225146730.MP.jpg

It will display OPTIONS. Just wait for a second.

PXL_20240624_225150213.MP.jpg

If there are codes, it will automatically display DIAGCODE. Press >SELECT

PXL_20240624_225208417.jpg

After pressing select it will show the first codes. Press select to toggle to the next code if there are more. The top number is the FMI or Failure Mode Indicator number, the middle number is the SPN or Suspect Parameter Number and the bottom number is usually the number of counts that it has occurred, but I have seen this number not correlate so use that number as information but not absolute.

PXL_20240624_225211110.jpg

These are the times when it's nice to have an EZ link or other code reader. At least then you know what's wrong in the garage vs. taking it somewhere.
You can only go so far with the OEM stuff, but usually it will usually point you in the right direction. Our Elevate Reflash Device that we sell at Mountain Tek Performance has a few more features to diagnose and correct problems. Not only does it allow you to tune the sled and with a Patriot Boost you can add quite a bit of horsepower along with improve some drivability issues it will let you erase codes and do a couple of service functions. The most common reason for a random check engine light on the Patriot Boost is the wastegate actuator. If it becomes even a slight bit sticky it will cause check engine codes and limit engine power until the code is cleared and the problem resolved. Most of the time just restarting the engine will clear the code and it will not come back up until the next time you ride it. We have found that lubricating the shaft of the wastetgate even though it's a hot exhaust component dramatically reduces the amount that the valve sticks and causes check engine lights. Frequently though we find that an exhaust valve relearn is required. Our Elevate Reflash Device can relearn both the wastegate, and the exhaust valves along with clear the codes. It can also datalog all the ECU parameters (end user cannot see the data directly) and it will upload to our server. We frequently do diagnostic on data logs for our customers and has been an absolute game changer a few times. Once we had a customer that the sled would fall flat and run terrible, so he recorded and we found that the speed sensor was not reading correctly. We never would have found that one without changing out every other component, and I guarantee the speed sensor would have been close to the last if not the last thing I would have checked. - Shawn

PXL_20240624_172815961.MP.jpgPXL_20240624_172834577.jpgPXL_20240624_171613287.jpgPXL_20240624_172901567.MP.jpg

Thanks for all the info fellas, it cleared it self when I fired it up a couple days ago, but I’ll check the diagnostic screen. Looks like we are going to need a reader as there are two of us with 23 boosts…….

Premium Features

Back