• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed trailer flooring

R
Nov 30, 2019
I have nudo flooring but was getting scratched terrible so I installed swisstrax over it and it is holding up awesome!! I'll post pics in a bit
I just ordered a new Legend 8.5 x 26' and I've been looking at the Ribtrax by Swisstrax for flooring. I'm curious how well it will handle studded tracks. I have a couple samples which appear to be quite durable.......

R
Nov 30, 2019
I have SwissTrax in my garage in CO and pressure wash it all the time using a floor washing tool on the end of a pressure washer (amazon has them cheap). Cleans up like new each time.

As for cost, I just ordered SwissTrax for my new trailer and it costs about $4/square foot if you want new material. I've found that the company often times has "used" flooring which they have snapped together once/twice at a car show (i.e. Barrett Jackson) that they are willing to sell for cheaper. You are limited on colors as they usually use black, grey, red, white at these shows, but those colors are perfect for most trailers. With that said, I paid $2.98/square foot for my used material (black/grey) and it will be here this week.

I'll shoot some pictures after I install it.

Ryan
I have a new 8.5 x 26' v-nose Legend trailer on order. How is your SwissTrax holding up........ I'm assuming it's the RibTrax by them. I have a couple samples in which I really like. I have studs on one of my sleds which is my biggest concern. I've even considered removing them but, probably not a good idea running a track with stud holes in it. ? I'm also concerned about my sleds freezing to the tile after riding. I'm also looking at DeckTred which is aimed towards this type of use. Would love your input and some pic's. Thanks for posting this........ Ray ??

I have SwissTrax in my garage in CO and pressure wash it all the time using a floor washing tool on the end of a pressure washer (amazon has them cheap). Cleans up like new each time.

As for cost, I just ordered SwissTrax for my new trailer and it costs about $4/square foot if you want new material. I've found that the company often times has "used" flooring which they have snapped together once/twice at a car show (i.e. Barrett Jackson) that they are willing to sell for cheaper. You are limited on colors as they usually use black, grey, red, white at these shows, but those colors are perfect for most trailers. With that said, I paid $2.98/square foot for my used material (black/grey) and it will be here this week.

I'll shoot some pictures after I install it.

Ryan residential epoxy flooring phoenix
I'm replacing the flooring in my 8x18' enclosed trailer. Currently it has doubled up 3/4" plywood which weighs a ton! I'm thinking of replacing it with 5/4 pressure treated decking boards. I know brickman uses 2x6 or 2x8 pressure treated in a lot of their trailers but I feel that 5/4 would be plenty strong enough.

Has anyone on here uses boards instead of plywood for their flooring on an enclosed trailer? Is so, how did/do you like it? How has it been holding up?

I don't run zero turns and do not plan on doing so. I strictly run walk behinds, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome on this even if you haven't used similar material.

Premium Features