• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge RMK Airbox Sealing??

I have an 04' RMK and the mag side carb freezes when I bust through fluffy snow in cold temps. I have read these models had problems of sealing the airbox between the headlight and hood. I looked at mine and the foam that is suspose to be there is not. I am wondering what have others guys done before to deal with this problem?? What did somebody use?? Silicone, foam, spray foam???

Last edited:
The sealing problems you mention regarding hood/headlight is a problem with later gen sleds....IQ chassis, not edge to my knowledge. Edge chassis have air intake foams on the back of the hood, if the foams are removed then snow ingestion (in powder) can be a problem.

I am assuming the headlight area is the culprit of the snow ingestion, resulting in water in the bottom of the airbox. Going to bring the sled in the garage and fix it up now while it is still -35C with the wind right now.

Yes the edges had problems with them sealing aorund the headlights too just like the iq's did. Even more now that the edges are getting older. I have been around a few that were always perfect in the powder, but not suck snow. Opened the hood and took the plenum off too find that the foam gaskets are now starting to fall out. Yes, I have siliconed them back in place and no more issues.

Premium Features

Back