• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dynoport`s 800r kit

anybody using rich`s setup in the mtns? talked to him a couple of times and seems to have answers for all of my ?s.. his pump gas setup looks kind of intresting . no overbore ,a bunch of bolt ons and porting which gives comparable #s to his competitor`s bb kits.kind of got me thinking about it because some of the bb kits seem to work and some suck.and they both came from the same shop.. any info much appreciated.

maby

might be some gains with porting, i had the entire exhaust on my 08 and regreted it totally. if you going to spend that kind of dough maby a rkt dual ring and head kit is what id shoot for?

Nevermind I went and looked. 182. That sounds like one of those setups similar to what we ran into last year. Extremely bad under some conditions. Mine would pull 22 grams of pin weight. But it was very inconsistant. Not saying his will be the same but it could be bit by the same bug. Does anyone have any pics of his "chuckaroo" heads or whatever??

Y Pipe, Pipe, Can, Head (not sure what brand), bore carb, and cylnider work (can't remember what he does exactly, not big bore though as he is very opposed to big bore), easily $2K overall and he says you will get 175HP on pump gas. Recommends no change to stock clutch.

Also had nothing good to say about SLP which concerns me. Says his set up is dyno tested and proven and SLP's is not..considers them second best.

Rich is a good guy, little to tightly wound,,, but all in all a good person.

stick with the people who are in the mountains..

anything that says uckaroo on it steer hard away and stay away.:face-icon-small-sad

Gus

Last edited:
Well has anyone used the pipe, y pipe, can of theirs?? It just strikes me that 175 plus consistently on pump gas is a bit of a stretch. He must flat know his porting....???

Well has anyone used the pipe, y pipe, can of theirs?? It just strikes me that 175 plus consistently on pump gas is a bit of a stretch. He must flat know his porting....???

I run his exhaust...works on 860's...cant say yea/nay on his claims...havent seen/run one except his test sled a battle of old forge ...he was a tick faster than my customers pump gas 860...BJ

Rich is a good guy, little to tightly wound,,, but all in all a good person.

stick with the people who are in the mountains..

anything that says f uckaroo on it steer hard away and stay away.:face-icon-small-sad

just a copy of cdey s head in a different shell..

Gus

Why would you say that? Have you ever even SEEN one of Chuck Hamrah's heads???

Have FUN!

G MAN

I run his exhaust...works on 860's...cant say yea/nay on his claims...havent seen/run one except his test sled a battle of old forge ...he was a tick faster than my customers pump gas 860...BJ

So apparently this builds a pretty strong drag sled then. I cant wait to meet one in the mountains and see how it does.

So apparently this builds a pretty strong drag sled then. I cant wait to meet one in the mountains and see how it does.

That is precisely what I am wondering, no respones from anying running his set up in the mtns.....not sure I want to be the first.

Well, just looking at what he is doing, and going off the expieriences we have had I dont see it being worth close to the price of a big bore. I understand that you can tweak on one to get a big number on a dyno, and it would make an awesome hard pack race sled but in the hills...I just dont know if it will hang with a stout 860. JMO, but a head isnt good for much. I tried one and then tried multiple dome configurations, compression ratios, squish angles, etc and found gains, but not huge. Then the exhaust...well that horse has already been beaten. So that leaves porting to gain probably about 15 minimum, or to make the head and exhaust gain a bunch.

Maybe but I just have a hard time believing.

Jake

Well, just looking at what he is doing, and going off the expieriences we have had I dont see it being worth close to the price of a big bore. I understand that you can tweak on one to get a big number on a dyno, and it would make an awesome hard pack race sled but in the hills...I just dont know if it will hang with a stout 860. JMO, but a head isnt good for much. I tried one and then tried multiple dome configurations, compression ratios, squish angles, etc and found gains, but not huge. Then the exhaust...well that horse has already been beaten. So that leaves porting to gain probably about 15 minimum, or to make the head and exhaust gain a bunch.

Maybe but I just have a hard time believing.

Jake

What do you recommend for an exhaust set up? I have heard good things about SLP but I'm not a big fan of the sound.

I had Rich do my 01 800 back in the day and it rocked in the mountains. I turned it into a asphalt sled in 05 when I got a rev for the mountains and the old 01 is still ticking.

Premium Features

Back