• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Durapro ski rubbers falling out .. Heads up !

I had one fall out last ride and I did not notice until my ski folded backward in the pow and broke my lower a arm .. That also elongated my ski mounting hole and I had to ride home with a broken arm from deep in the trees .. which isn't awesome

Just a heads up ! if you run these, maybe secure them somehow .... two sided tape or screws from the sides ...

Some discussion similar here.

In addition, we have found the Durapros are very hard, and tend to cause failure in the ski bushing breaking thru the plastic when riding aggressively.
The Polaris rubbers are designed to fail in these situations, the durapros are not.
Replacing Polaris rubbers is much cheaper than entire ski....?‍♂️
I use either the ski doo or Kimpex rubbers cut to fit and have had great success, as they are tougher than stock, but won’t ruin your skis....

Hmm I suppose it’s a solution for those who already bought Durapros.
But to me it seems silly to pay $80 + for Durapros and another $80 so they don’t break your skis!!!

Kudos to providing a solution “Sheetmetalfab” Included

But For those who don’t want to spend $160 +, there is an alternative.

Spend $ 25 on Kimpex rubbers and trim them to fit......
They work great, and I haven’t seen any issues with them failing or causing damage to the skis yet......?‍♂️

$79 CDN which is about $58 USD. We ship anywhere too. We will have them on our web store this week or guys can email me chris@specified.ca

Chris

But to me it seems silly to pay $80 + for Durapros and another $80 so they don’t break your skis!!!

They work great, and I haven’t seen any issues with them failing or causing damage to the skis yet......?‍♂️

My experience is:

I’ve went through 10-20 Polaris rubbers, 14 skidoo rubbers and 4 kimpex rubbers. (3 years)

All the while not having consistent carving.

The durapro’s give that consistent feedback through the bars. (Because the ski tip stays pointed forward)

Maybe I’m just hard on things. :)

It is an issue with Durapro's , our Polaris Ultimate ski dampeners or stock ski dampeners. The skis wear or get wrenched on when you hit something that twists them beyond their normal range. Here is a picture of a buddies 2018 that had stock ski ski rubbers.

20200206_174030406_iOS.jpg

After having these headaches as well with the stock skis and rubber bumpers, I switched to SLP Mohawk skis (with Carl's cut) a few years ago.
A little expensive, but problem solved.

just an fyi.
I’ve sold out my first run of gripper strengthening inserts.

currently waiting on the next batch to be waterjet cut.

they work great by eliminating the plastic deformation and tearing.

the handling advantages of the durapro’s is worth keeping.
I agree, the Durapro's are not the problem. Ive had stock rubbers wear out the skis and oval out the bolt hole. The stock rubbers are junk. I think the Durapros are the best performance gain in the industry for less than $100 ($79). Plus they last! Ive used the same one on a few sleds, you would never hear that with stock rubbers. The inserts offered by Sheetmetalfab or Teth-air are a cheap way to prolong the life of your skis. The Polaris Gripper ski is considered the best factory ski on the market, is it perfect? No, but I have friends that run them on other brands as well.

Last edited:

Do you have a part number for the Kimpex rubbers you used?

It’s seems like the more and more sleds that Polaris sells, the quality of products and QC are getting worse. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Oh wait, they have stock holders to please and we the consumers are supposed to trade up ever two years because of worn out parts and we have an addiction to feed.

It’s seems like the more and more sleds that Polaris sells, the quality of products and QC are getting worse. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Oh wait, they have stock holders to please and we the consumers are supposed to trade up ever two years because of worn out parts and we have an addiction to feed.

The Grippers actually got an update for the AXYS, a change in the ribbing design under the dampener. Nothing else has got worse as you imply. Other things have improved that are more important like motors, wiring etc.

Two years ago (maybe more) Sage Crusher ordered a large amount of rubbers from a person overseas. I was in on that order, I'm sure it was a PIA for Sage but the rubbers work great.....maybe worth reaching out to them again.

Premium Features

Back