• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop and Roll

R
Jan 5, 2008
Billings MT
Anyone ever drop and roll a 2004 Rev chaincase? Picked up a ratted out sled that came with a brand new van amberg tunnel still in plastic. going to install this summer. thinking of doing chaincase as well. Any advice or hints would appreciated. Any good kits available?
Thanks
Bill

h-d2

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Omaha,Ne
I did it to my sled 2 years ago. Just go by there instructions and templates they provide you.If I ran into any questions I'd call Vanamberg and they would walk me thru any questions i had.It is time consuming,good summer project.I run 156 x 16x 2.5 in it and it still has alot of clearance.:beer;

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I have a extended chaincase if your interested.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Its a billet aluminum chain case. It extends it down a 1 1/2" and back 1 1/4". Ill try to post some pics this weekend if I get time. I would sell it for $400.

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
beware

i did a drop and roll from ve on my 06 and they had sent me the wrong templeate!!! I called before boring the new three in hole in my tunnel and they assured me it had to be the proper one, well it was not and when all was said and done i had to take the sled to a local welder, have all the holes in my tunnel welded up so i could start from scratch and endedup doing all the measuring and cutting out of a template that i built to make thing square and claer properly. Dont know if this was a freak occurance or if this is how they do business but i had very little help from veafter they sent me the wrong templace and screwd up my sled. and for those out there thinking i measured once and cut twice, i assure u that the template was in the location ve said to put it, all instructions folowed, checked and reched template locations before drilling.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Here are some pics of the extended chaincase.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
just curious,what's with the brake mount?was it built for another machine or did you upgrade to a bigger rotor i'm looking for options on my zx chassis(d & r or ext. chaincase)?:face-icon-small-coo

I made the bracket to fit with the stock skidoo caliper and rotor. I didnt like the caliper that came with it, it didnt fit right.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I ran it for 2 years with no problems. I have tunnel and bulkhead damage on my sled, so im replacing both this summer. Im not doing a D&R on it this time as it will be just a secondary sled. Well hopefully if all goes well and I get my new sled.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Do you use the stock driveshaft and jackshaft with the extended case?

I ve used the VE template with no problems. They could ve put a little more effort into it so the average guy has less fabricating.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Do you use the stock driveshaft and jackshaft with the extended case?

I ve used the VE template with no problems. They could ve put a little more effort into it so the average guy has less fabricating.

Yes you only drill a new hole for the driveshaft moving it down and back. The jackshaft remains stock.

Premium Features