• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Walker Evans Shocks on an Edge Chassis?

highstick

Lifetime Membership
I've got an extra set of 4 walker evans shocks from a Dragon that I'd like to put on my 2003 Edge chassis. Has anyone tried this? I got the rears to fit just fine, but the fronts seem to interfere with the top chassis mount. Should I grind off some of the mount to get them in?

Thanks

so? just cause they fit doesnt mean thats what they were designed for. about all that will work in the edge front are shocks designed for an edge. just grind a little its not a big deal.

Don't put them on upside down - no need to.

I put the WE from a 700 Dragon on the front of my '04 800 Edge a year ago. I used an air grinder with about a 4" cutoff wheel. Just grind away on the gusset where it interfers with the machined "eye" area.........Best upgrade I ever did, paid $80 for 2 brand new take-offs'

What ever you do, dont mount the walker evans shocks upside down. Its a gas emulsion shock that only works in the upright position. Mounting upside down will damage them also.

The IQ rear suspension and EDGE rearsuspension are almost identical geometry so the rears should work almost perfect may need a little dif spring rates though. as for the fronts, ussually you have to space the shock rod as there is a little too much travel for the edge front suspension. too much downward sag.

Premium Features

Back