• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo files suit against Cat

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Already asked over on the Cat section... but I saw today that Doo filed a lawsuit against Cat for "chassis construction" infringement.

It will be interesting to see which parts they are talking about.

sled_guy

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well after riding the new proclimb this last week, it did feel alot like the sp chassie, much eaisier to swap compared to poo, but to sue cat, is stupid, just make your product better brp...

good job cat

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
well after riding the new proclimb this last week, it did feel alot like the sp chassie, much eaisier to swap compared to poo, but to sue cat, is stupid, just make your product better brp...

good job cat

fredw, your a good guy in my eyes but you have this completely back a$$wards. Why should BRP need to change anything to make it better? They made it in the first place so why doesn't cat go make some thing on their own and make it better then the competition?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
How many ways can you build a sled? I sure thought my 09 SP looked a lot like a Rev chassis as far as frame, but c'mon. Ford should sue Dodge for making trucks with 4 wheels.
BRP is just pissy because they are on the way down. They didn't care that the 08-up race sleds looked "Revy" but now that the chassis is in production, oops, lawsuit time.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
All four of the sled makes look basically the same, I think this suit will end up hurting doo. Lets see, IFS, A-arms, aluminum tunnel, slide rails and the list goes on, doo was not the first with any of those yet they ended up using them. I've never liked a lot of BRP's business dealings but being as neutral as I can, anytime one manufacture starts stuff like this the consumer ends up being the loser. Lawyers like it though!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
How many ways can you build a sled? I sure thought my 09 SP looked a lot like a Rev chassis as far as frame, but c'mon. Ford should sue Dodge for making trucks with 4 wheels.
BRP is just pissy because they are on the way down. They didn't care that the 08-up race sleds looked "Revy" but now that the chassis is in production, oops, lawsuit time.

Seriously?? On their way down?? Cat is actually at the bottom. It's pretty sad when Yammie is on top of you. Cat started failing when they screwed The Holy One back in 09. And then they come up with that twisted, weak and nasty looking chassis? And they use the same powerplant and it's giving them more fits in one year than they had in all of the years since the M8 came out. Take a long hard look at the company as a whole. ATVs suck, their side by sides suck and their sleds suck. It's pretty bad when one of their old premier dealers says that about them and he still has their crap on the floor. Doo may not be at the top, but they most certainly aren't underneath Cat and Yammie.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Seriously?? On their way down?? Cat is actually at the bottom. It's pretty sad when Yammie is on top of you. Cat started failing when they screwed The Holy One back in 09. And then they come up with that twisted, weak and nasty looking chassis? And they use the same powerplant and it's giving them more fits in one year than they had in all of the years since the M8 came out. Take a long hard look at the company as a whole. ATVs suck, their side by sides suck and their sleds suck. It's pretty bad when one of their old premier dealers says that about them and he still has their crap on the floor. Doo may not be at the top, but they most certainly aren't underneath Cat and Yammie.

Post some numbers.
I go from what I see, when I was a Doo tech in AK in the late 90's/early 2000's, Doo was everywhere. McCall area now, I see few. And I haven't seen a Yamaha in a long time. Mostly Poos and Cats, and seeing as how there aren't even any Cat dealers here I find that interesting.
I have more fun on my Cat than you do on your Doo. LOL.
I find it silly when a thread like this turns into a nut swinging fest. Who really cares as long as you are having fun with whatever you are riding, fat chick/supermodel, Yamaha/Cat? Hell, riding a fat chick on a Yamaha is better than cross country skiing any day!
Chris

Reactions: Lank
Premium Features