• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

don't water skip an xp

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
well i have heard they don't work well with the ported track. well i thought it can't be that bad. so i skipped a 50' water section on our channel. i was going 30 and then pinned it at the water. OMG it was like hit the brakes. i couldn't belive how it sunk. if the water was any longer i wouldn't of made it across.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, Wa
Yea, I heard somewhere that the floatation is too good on those XP's causing them to dart all around the hill with the light front end. Glad we can put that to rest. It must be crappy floatation and heavy as a hog.:beer;:beer;:beer;

Mutt

I
Done lots of running on water and the ported tracks suck. With the denser water pushing through the windows the skid rides too low in the water and drags you down like you have the brake on. Stay on the throttle and they seem to pull through but barely. Even if yuo hit going 60 and are wide open
youare doing 20 in 50 ft. Makes gettinginto Bear Paw in June and July interesting when you have to skip the open water over the lake. probably not this year the way the snow is looking.

M

Maxwe

Dec 1, 2007
Alberta
WE have to run lots of open water. The ported track is the kiss of death on water. It was bad enough through the years as a paddle track does not do as well as the older tracks. Add in the ports and it gets spooky real fast. Have learned the hard way.
Pray and make damn sure you have a second escape plan.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Yep, I have siad this for you years. If you LIKE to run water, or HAVE TO run water to get into the mtns, DO NOT PORT THEM!!! They sink like a rock. Actually, I have not managed to sink mine yet, but it is always just crawling and swear it is going to go down, when all the others with stock tracks are just playing like jet skis. A track full of holes floats as well as a boat full of holes!

Premium Features