• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you ever let people ride your main sled?

I let my brother ride my main sled a couple weeks ago... It's not my main sled anymore šŸ¤£

Attachments

• IMG_8743.jpg
    IMG_8743.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 23
I dont have a problem with it when i know the person, i just go with the " you break it you buy it" and you better be getting the parts ordered the next day that the dealer is open. In turn if i break it i buy it and i will do everything in my power to make sure youre riding by next weekend.

at a youth sno cross race one of the other racers sled was having trouble so we let him use our spare 200 in the same race as my boy and he took 1st beating my kid on my sled. we had just got that 200 so i thought holy **** we need to swap number plates that things fast. my son ended up beating him in the next heat though. different race we let a new rider race one of the 120's and she rolled it off the side of one of the hill/jumps, but her dad let me use his sno pro 500 in the dads race. if you dont have insurance on your sled i wouldnt let too many people ride, or if you dont have a good feeling feeling about a person.

ā€¦ would also add that some of my favorite memories over the last 15 years have been on other peoples sled.

The first turbo I ever rode belonged to a member here- Backcountryislife. It was a 2011 Cat 141ā€ with a CPC turbo running like 10 or 12lbs of boost. I was 17ā€¦. he was more or less a complete stranger and pointed at a hill like I have never climbed before and told me take it over the topā€¦ so I did ? Iā€™ll never forget that.

Have been on Poo since 2012(back to Doo for 2023)ā€¦ but have gotten to spend plenty of time on Doos and some time on Cats, and Iā€™ve thoroughly enjoyed those opportunities.
Kaleb is a solid dude so that is no surprise to me. I've swapped on and off with buddies without a problem. We each have insurance on our sleds so if anything crazy happens we'd cover the deductible and let insurance handle it. Otherwise minor scratches aren't a big deal.

Random people that is a hard no from me. If you want to ride a sled like mine there are plenty to choose from for sale! Although if we are swapping rides on comparable sleds as long as there is a gentleman's agreement to cover deductibles I wouldn't be scared. Sledders generally are pretty reliable.

Premium Features

Back